Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

CEA compliant rated to 14.4 volts.. in the real world we have voltage drop to 12 volts.. what will it put out then?

DC, sundown, AQ, fosgate and many others do rated at 12 volts. if you have good electrical you can even get more out of your equipment

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

any of the amps will do rated if it stays at 1 ohm..

if you ever seen clamp test from dc and sundown they do well over rated at 1.02 ohms at 12 volts..

and im not talking shit about hifonics just stating facts of how it really isnt a budget amp

yeah but what are they wired at? .5 or below, why rate an amp at 1 ohm that only does rated power when wired below 1 ohm?

because there is a such thing as impedance rise. if you wire to 1 ohm it will rise to around 2 ohms then the amp will give you whats rated at 2 ohms

Other people are running hifonics with good results as well so stop hating

Ok but the difference is hifonics already has an established reputation and the VVME's didn't/don't.

And you fail to understand that hifonics is a mainstream brand targeting different people

And if you hate so much what are you doing to make it better? Do something about it don't just complaint here

Cause complaining on the net doesn't help

yeah but what are they wired at? .5 or below, why rate an amp at 1 ohm that only does rated power when wired below 1 ohm?

then why rate any amplifier at any ohm load? your statement is invalid man.

not trying to stir up argument, i'm sure you will find a way to make me sound like a complete dumbass if I say something out of line haha, i'm a young kid and you probably know much more technical terms when it comes to amplification and such than i do but if my statement is invalid then how are anybody elses statements regarding amps not doing rated power valid? I just don't understand why rate an amp at 1 ohm when you truly know it will only do rated power when wired below 1 ohm nominal? then when someone blows an amp trying to get rated power by wiring below 1 ohm their warranty is now void.

I'm not 100% sure but I assume that is to account for box rise.

Example: amp is 1 ohm stable, wired for 1 ohm. Box rise makes it about 2.20 ohms. wire to .5 ohm and now the final ohm load with box rise is only 1.20

Just my guess.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Other people are running hifonics with good results as well so stop hating

Ok but the difference is hifonics already has an established reputation and the VVME's didn't/don't.

And you fail to understand that hifonics is a mainstream brand targeting different people

And if you hate so much what are you doing to make it better? Do something about it don't just complaint here

Cause complaining on the net doesn't help

Why would I care? I simply buy quality items instead and let other people know the truth. Maybe if hifonics wants more support they should actually make quality amps.

Dear hifonics: Stop making over rated amps with LED lights.

There that is me doing something about it

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

then why rate any amplifier at any ohm load? your statement is invalid man.

not trying to stir up argument, i'm sure you will find a way to make me sound like a complete dumbass if I say something out of line haha, i'm a young kid and you probably know much more technical terms when it comes to amplification and such than i do but if my statement is invalid then how are anybody elses statements regarding amps not doing rated power valid? I just don't understand why rate an amp at 1 ohm when you truly know it will only do rated power when wired below 1 ohm nominal? then when someone blows an amp trying to get rated power by wiring below 1 ohm their warranty is now void.

im only 20 lol. im very ignorant when it comes to a lot of topics.

i totally understand what you're getting at, trust me. i'd give you a clear answer if i could.

when you're wired to .5 and not playing music, your amp is seeing .5

personally, whenever i see clamp numbers at X ohms and X watts, i usually ballpark them for regular ohm loads (1, 2, what have you). if an amp is rated for 2k at 1 ohm and it did like 1500 at 1.7, i would be inclined to believe that it really does 2000 at 1 ohm.

if you wire the brutus at .5 ohm you will get no watts and lots of magical smoke

now if you wire the brutus amp at 1 ohm how many watts are you actually giving the subs after rise?

i owned hifonics before and wired to 1ohm and all i can say. (2) kicker l7 was laughing at it and wouldnt even move much..

if i can find the thread i posted when i first got the dd1 and tuned amp i will post it here

CEA compliant rated to 14.4 volts.. in the real world we have voltage drop to 12 volts.. what will it put out then?

DC, sundown, AQ, fosgate and many others do rated at 12 volts. if you have good electrical you can even get more out of your equipment

it's funny you say that, I guarantee you that more than 50% of people on this site that run competition name brands have never clamped rated power out of their amps, unless their wired at .5 or below or have an insane electrical with literally no voltage drop, if you have to wire at .5 or below to get rated power out of your DC, AQ, Crescendo, Sundown amp, I don't really consider that rated power since they are rated at 1 ohm, not .5. I really don't understand all the huss and fuss about this company, can you afford DC, Sundown, AQ, etc? good for you, you run hifonics because you can't afford to run competition level equipment? then good for you also, it's kinda sad to see a bunch of grown ass men trash talking a company for actually being successful or bashing other peoples installs simply because they run name brand equipment.

any of the amps will do rated if it stays at 1 ohm..

if you ever seen clamp test from dc and sundown they do well over rated at 1.02 ohms at 12 volts..

and im not talking shit about hifonics just stating facts of how it really isnt a budget amp

because there is a such thing as impedance rise. if you wire to 1 ohm it will rise to around 2 ohms then the amp will give you whats rated at 2 ohms

and I understand that, I guess the point i'm trying to get across is that exactly, there is such thing called impedance rise, so when you don't get rated power out of your hifonics amp, try wiring it down to .5 or .25 like everyone else getting rated out of their DC, sundown, AQ, amps, pray to god it doesn't go up in smoke and then come back with the results.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived