Rca Grounding?

so I'm planning my moves for when it gets warm (April or so here in MD) and I've got some engine noise coming through my speakers and I figure its my HU ground (good place to start since its using the factory ground wire, not a chasis screw). I figured I'd ground myRCAs too so my question/verification is I should use the same grouding point for the radio ground and the RCA's right?

also, when ground the RCAs, I get the impression that I can just use ??guage wire, strip it, make a loop, solder it into that loop, put the loop over the end of the RCA and plug it into the head unit? or should I just find a ring terminal? would a 16 or 18 guage remote turn on type wire do the job for them?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

heres a lil titorial on how to ground rca's i did http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15452 thats the way i do it and most others hope this sums it up a lil bit better

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

heres a lil titorial on how to ground rca's i did http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15452 thats the way i do it and most others hope this sums it up a lil bit better

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived