Second Skin Audio

New box design for HCCA122, please check!

HCCA122BIG_zps17a03c27.png

This is for a Silver cone HCCA 12" dual 2 ohm running on a SAZ-2500d. Port and sub will be facing back in a 2001 Malibu. Gonna try uploading the side by side of Torres and WinISD but im not sure how to make it full screen in photobucket. My max readings are 6.141 db @ 33.94 hz

WinISDTorresHCCA122_zps4a9a2eda.png

I wasn't sure which is why I was posting. Just made one for a 10" hcca today that was 2 cu ft net tuned to 33 and it seemed to get pretty low but my buddy needs to put a battery in cause he isn't running clean power right now. Does anyone else think its too big??

Anyone else have any input?

Im going to step in and say the box is too big, thats why its so peaked at 33 hz, then rapidly falls off quick in both directions, so lets say its done and in your car, that box will likely play 28hz-38, but keep in mind, either side of the 33 hz will loose volume output very fast.

several years back we put a type X in a box design for a type R, and its response look almost identical to your graph, and your only choice is to find a whole bunch of 33hz songs because thats the only place it hits really good.

try to plot that out so it has a little more of a curve on it. rather than "/\"

see what it does adjusting the box down to 2.5, may make a HUGE difference, and also, this is very important, be sure that your vent mach is at .04, if your unfamiliar with it, i made a thread, let me find it, I ended up finding all the nitty gritty on how important it is.

XS-power1.jpg

Anyone else have any input?

Im going to step in and say the box is too big, thats why its so peaked at 33 hz, then rapidly falls off quick in both directions, so lets say its done and in your car, that box will likely play 28hz-38, but keep in mind, either side of the 33 hz will loose volume output very fast.

several years back we put a type X in a box design for a type R, and its response look almost identical to your graph, and your only choice is to find a whole bunch of 33hz songs because thats the only place it hits really good.

try to plot that out so it has a little more of a curve on it. rather than "/\"

Purple, how do I get more of an even look without sacrificing total output?

where did you get 3 cubes from? please dont tell me winisd told you.

No sir it was just a guess.

Archived