Second Skin Audio

New box design for HCCA122, please check!

WinISDHCCA122JPEG_zpscea2874d.jpg

Now how come when I tune the box to 33 Hz it peaks at 38? Should I tune it lower and increase box size? I wanna get this thing loud!

The 2.5 will be loud an 8 db gain, with only a 3 DB variance between approx 33 and 50 hz is not bad at all, typically, when you tune an enclosure depending on the vehicle, let say you do build it at 33 hz, your peak SPL could be anywhere from 38-45 hz as an estimate.

Im tuned at 35 and peak at around 47hz. But this varies vehicle to vehicle,

an 8 db boost is large, i would imagine it will slam pretty good man, you can keep increasing the box size and tuning it lower, but again it will eventually start to get a major peak again. if you want it to be loud as hell, AND sound good on music, if I was building this box based off of the response you have shown on the graph, I would go for the 2.5 cubic foot you graphed, your still showing a 5db gain at 33hz, and at 50 hz. this will give you a wide range of hz and will allow all music to sound good, and remember on your port, keeping the vent mach at .04 is seriously a key when sound quality is concerned, the only reason to go lower is for a one hit wonder box. (burping a few different hz) .05 increases the driver control a bit more, my dd is at .05 mach and the SQ is unreal considering how loud the volumes are, the only reason is because that was the largest port I could fit on the barrel.

XS-power1.jpg

You're a little too stuck on WINisd modeling. As has been said earlier, the minute you get the enclosure into the environment of a car, your model goes out the window. Design an enclosure that is 2.00 cubic feet, tune it to 35Hz, give it port area per foot between 12-16 square inches per foot and be done with it. Go buy wood, and build the box, put it in the car and let er rip. you're over thinking this WAY too much.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You're a little too stuck on WINisd modeling. As has been said earlier, the minute you get the enclosure into the environment of a car, your model goes out the window. Design an enclosure that is 2.00 cubic feet, tune it to 35Hz, give it port area per foot between 12-16 square inches per foot and be done with it. Go buy wood, and build the box, put it in the car and let er rip. you're over thinking this WAY too much.

I understand that the freq response in the car is going to vary from what the graph is showing but I want to make sure what i'm doing is right. I feel like i've made boxes just based on a volume I think is good and kept the port area in the port area range on torres but I feel like I can get more out of the builds. I feel like the output just isn't there

dont forget that every single graph you've just posted, if you built any of those boxes, the graphs will change dramatically the instant you place the box inside your car.

I understand that the freq response in the car is going to vary from what the graph is showing but I want to make sure what i'm doing is right. I feel like i've made boxes just based on a volume I think is good and kept the port area in the port area range on torres but I feel like I can get more out of the builds. I feel like the output just isn't there

just how much output are you expecting from a single 12? are you shooting for a 150 or something? just build a box and be done with it. Clean is right. you are seriously overthinking this. you're putting more brain work into this little box build than some people do when designing entire walls.

Archived