Second Skin Audio

Enclosure (and subs) help.

BassDragon

as far as sound quality goes a sealed box will give a more puncheir bass note with a quicker responce and a ported box will give you a lower rumble and hit lower freq. i personally like a ported box but really depend on what your looking for. but 15s will definitlly fit

The height doesn't bother me. I chose the Obsidians because they were cheap for the size and people say they're great.

But let me rephrase: I would like to experience as much bass as I can when I sit in my truck.

So.. what I'm saying is I would go with the 15's unless you suggest the 12's.

You can easily fit two 15's.

How far is the floor (bottom of the bump) to the bottom of the rear window?

2 HDC3 18's

AQ2200D

You can easily fit two 15's.

How far is the floor (bottom of the bump) to the bottom of the rear window?

I'm away for the weekend so I can't get a measurement. But I'm guessing at least 20 inches.

You need to buy DVC4 ohm subwoofers not DVC2 to get a 1 ohm stable amp, 1 ohm power is cheaper, If you are looking into low cost likely the Hifonics BRZ1700.1D will do the job.

The Obsidians are 4 ohm aren't they? Anyways I'm not even sure about them, I'm on a low budget and $200 for a single sub is a lot.

(I'm still new to Car Audio as you might be able to tell)

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Obsidians are plenty cheap at $160 each for the 15s and they can take 1700W together no sweat, You could go for the Sundown E15s at $130 each but I would still take the Obsidians for 30 more. In either case you are looking for two 4 ohm dual voice coil subs subs not the dual 2 ohm versions.

Archived