Second Skin Audio

Enclosure (and subs) help.

BassDragon

I have a 1997 Chevy s10 and I need an enclosure to fit the subs I'm going to order. The subs are Obsidians, if 15s can fit, I want to go with those, if not, then I will go with 12s. Meaning after you read this, decide if 15s can fit and give me dimensions for those. If not then dimensions for the 12s.

Max Dimensions:

Height: Not sure

Length (Door to door): 45 in

Width (Seat to back): 19 in

Bump: 3 in

The 'Bump' is a rise that you might be able to tell. Right where the mats stop.

securedownloadxi.jpg

The cup holders are removable and hide a jack (Which I will remove along with the plates holding it).

The Obsidian Car Audio guys also have their own recommended box dimensions, but I'm wanting to see how you guys can help me with fitting it in my truck.

http://obsidiancarau.../index.php?id=6 <-- Here are the info about the subs & recommended box dimentions.

I think I gave enough info, if I'm missing something, please tell me. Thanks guys!

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

I'm honestly not sure if you can fit 15's in there.. let me throw some numbers around. What is your max height? And you said the bump is 3" as in 3" from the floor? You might be best off building it to sit above the bump and support it from under.

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

I have a 1997 Chevy s10 and I need an enclosure to fit the subs I'm going to order. The subs are Obsidians, if 15s can fit, I want to go with those, if not, then I will go with 12s. Meaning after you read this, decide if 15s can fit and give me dimensions for those. If not then dimensions for the 12s.

Max Dimensions:

Height: Not sure

Length (Door to door): 45 in

Width (Seat to back): 19 in

Bump: 3 in

The 'Bump' is a rise that you might be able to tell. Right where the mats stop.

securedownloadxi.jpg

The cup holders are removable and hide a jack (Which I will remove along with the plates holding it).

The Obsidian Car Audio guys also have their own recommended box dimensions, but I'm wanting to see how you guys can help me with fitting it in my truck.

http://obsidiancarau.../index.php?id=6 <-- Here are the info about the subs & recommended box dimentions.

I think I gave enough info, if I'm missing something, please tell me. Thanks guys!

If you can do 20-22H you can do 15s, if you don't wish to go that high, then 12s.

So... Can anyone help me?

You will be louder with 15s rather than 12s if you don't mind 22H then I could suggest something, Obsidians get reasonably loud but don't expect them to blow away the roof, there is more expensive stuff to attempt that.

The height doesn't bother me. I chose the Obsidians because they were cheap for the size and people say they're great.

But let me rephrase: I would like to experience as much bass as I can when I sit in my truck.

So.. what I'm saying is I would go with the 15's unless you suggest the 12's.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Archived