Jump to content

DC 3.5K


8ight

Recommended Posts

Posted

I need to take that chrome piece off and see whats in there, brb with a pic

Promise im not hijacking your thread, I like to see these side by sides to see how these amps have been continuing to be improved.

20130121004347.jpg

XS-power1.jpg

Posted

Probably some DSP action or some other microcontrollers/crossover components? Looking high-end with that separated power supply and output section, probably a nice low-distortion design.

I'm gonna hate

Posted

The IA may make it look like a POS for power, but for SQ it's shaming that thing. About the threadjacking I don't feel that way at all, I like the contribution. That thing is wicked cool, looks like all those transformers are being put to use for impedance matching, they may be part of a more complex regulated supply scheme I am not familiar with. Do make a guts thread for that if you haven't, I'd like to know more about it.

I'm gonna hate

Posted

Probably some DSP action or some other microcontrollers/crossover components? Looking high-end with that separated power supply and output section, probably a nice low-distortion design.

Yea that was a straight SQ amp, one of the best one's i could find for the amount of power needed

XS-power1.jpg

Posted

The IA may make it look like a POS for power, but for SQ it's shaming that thing. About the threadjacking I don't feel that way at all, I like the contribution. That thing is wicked cool, looks like all those transformers are being put to use for impedance matching, they may be part of a more complex regulated supply scheme I am not familiar with. Do make a guts thread for that if you haven't, I'd like to know more about it.

I pulled the first pic from my guts thread, that you were replying on lol, i will update it now

XS-power1.jpg

Posted

I reply to every thread in this section, what can I say, I love amps! I do recall seeing it now that you mention it.

24652614.jpg

I'm gonna hate

Posted

Also I agree, the shit you can get for the cash you spend today is utterly ridiculous. I've been doing computers for a while and I find myself saying the same thing about them. The joys of a still-developing semiconductor market :)

I'm gonna hate

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 732 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...