Second Skin Audio

Enclosure HELP for RX-8

audiA6_audio

Hey guys i need some help (professional or not) I'm designing a box for an 04 rx8. The sub: RE XXX 12, The amp: RE XTX5000.1 So I've already made up a design and such the only problem i'm having is port location/design. Id like to port it through the rear deck with the sub inverted (more airspace for this location) as I've illustrated.

Questions: is the port going to act as a leak instead of a port?

: is there some way i can place a baffle in between the two to redirect air flow?

: is this idea totally bogus?

: will my port area be too small? making the box sound terrible i assume.

note" i am not a pro box builder, i take specs and turn them into visualizations. all possitive help is welcome

im not too worried about getting optimal stats and as you probably know the minimum is 1.7 i am trying to keep the trunk functional as a cargo space the sub itself will take up a bit of room as is. i am not going for numbers with this setup its going to be a daily driver.as for port area i went with the rule of thumb, being 12-16 sq inch per cubic feet of volume. my main concern is the unloading of the sub. wasnt sure if i was going to do any damage with the port being infront of the speaker. i work with and build mostly slot ported enclosures this is my first go at a rounded port.

Archived