3-way Active Question

mrdavebasshead75

Ok, this summer, im goin to try something new. I just got a Pioneer Deh-80PRS for $260 brand new off Amazon. I want to try my hand at an active set up. My question(s)) is, for the mids, is it midBASS speakers or midRANGE speakers? Also, should I get a component set or buy the drivers seperate?. Im looking into the Rockford T2652-S. I already have a brand new pair of Crescendo PWX-6's. Could these work or should I sell them?? Thanks!

maybe do some more reading. if you buy a component set, then you would get a crossover. that means a passive setup

a 3 way frontstage consists of a dedicated midbass, and midrange and a tweeter. you would buy these separate.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

I have been reading alot actually. Its just that ive seen people use either or and also just a pair of tweets, a pair of mids and just the subs. But thats where I get lost at. I already know the difference between active and passive, that wasn't my question. I needed to know which is IDEAL to use, all three or either/or plus the sub(s)?.

maybe do some more reading. if you buy a component set, then you would get a crossover. that means a passive setup

a 3 way frontstage consists of a dedicated midbass, and midrange and a tweeter. you would buy these separate.

Not necessarily

He doesn't have to use those crossover

Not necessarily

He doesn't have to use those crossover

Exactly! The 80PRS has built in 3way active network. I just wanted to know if I can save some cash by buying the component set or getting the drivers seperate? And do I actually need a mid bass... Thanks again for the quick responses!

I've seen people here use p1 or p2 as midbass since you want to get the t2

Which amps are you planning to run?

2-Skar 85.4's.

i have the 80 prs as well. its a good unit. it all comes down on how much you wanna spend and how much fabrication you wanna do. and what you want it to sound like.

i believe for the price you can get much more quality buying separate at like partsexpress.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Archived