Sundown Audio

10k watts 4 foot long old school amp! help me decide if $600 is right

lifes a BOX

i owned the same model amp for a while, i got it in a trade from a forum member in 03ish it was powering a couple XXX 18's in my explorer for a week or so before selling it for a grand back then. it was a 1200-1500 dollar amp back then at retail and was class AB as well if i remember correctly. NOT a 10k RMS amp

well here is a modern day 5k

BC5500D-002.png

I bet you that thing cant even clamp 3k AND probably has one 4ga input so if you did clamp 3k, it would be melting the 4ga wire

This statement is not true. My saz-3500's were tested from Sundown with 4 guage wire. I was told as long as the wire is short you can run ample amount of current through them

:unknw:

:ninja:

I understand what you mean, but its based off of length, most people have 15-20 feet of power wire runs

Quick Reference

This table shows the amount of current flow which will cause a 1/2 volt drop in a 15 foot run of cable. Many people consider 1/2 volt to be the maximum acceptable voltage loss in a system's main power wire. The 'total amp power' is the total maximum unclipped RMS power output‡ of all of the amplifiers combined. It is based on 60% efficiency (for class AB amplifiers) and a battery voltage of 13.8 volts.

‡ For all of the calculators and tables on this page, unless otherwise noted, 'max power' is the RMS power output when the amplifier is on the threshold of clipping.

Max Total Amp Power from a 15 foot 4ga run

4 awg 131 amps class d 1355 watts

XS-power1.jpg

I don't think its particularly old school, definitely not a $600 amp anymore. Its an IFB-2340dB, which is two 1500W amps strapped in one case. 54" long. Very rare though, I'd hit him with an offer. Would be fun to have.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Archived