DVD Headunit Opinion:Pioneer or Kenwood or....

There are lots of great H/U out there. You listed 2 companies that make good ones so there is no real reason to start suggesting other ones. You are more likely to run into suggestions of what people like in a H/U rather than what is actually important.

To me, Kenwoods are ugly and I can't stand their button/menu layouts. But that has nothing really to do with it being a good H/U or not. Pioneer (and Sony many, many years ago) were always my H/U of choice. You are also putting lots of emphasis on 4v vs 5v pre-outs, this really limits what is available. This also is another area where people tend to have different views of what is good or not. I am perfectly happy with 2v pre-outs, others are not.

So yes, you are on a good path, but realize you may have eliminated some good choices with the features you are looking for.

*disclaimer-this is intended as a helpful post, even though I feel like it sounds like I am being an ass. I am not trying too here :) so if I sound like an ass, just know I am not trying to be.

:drinks:

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived