Sundown Audio

I believe my SA-12 was shipped with a weight of 30lbs, and let me tell you these things have seriously heavy magnets. Considering the moving parts on a 15" weighs about 0.747036lbs and the weight of the 15" is 33 lbs, not sure of the weight of the frame but if it weighed even 5lbs the weight of the magnet would be around 27lbs, pretty beefy magnet for a 600 watt rms sub.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

I believe my SA-12 was shipped with a weight of 30lbs, and let me tell you these things have seriously heavy magnets. Considering the moving parts on a 15" weighs about 0.747036lbs and the weight of the 15" is 33 lbs, not sure of the weight of the frame but if it weighed even 5lbs the weight of the magnet would be around 27lbs, pretty beefy magnet for a 600 watt rms sub.

thank you

i thought id read that it was 420 oz but wasnt sure cause of all the other info id read

i guess thats why they dont list a peak handling

They don't list a peak handling because different companies use different methods to determine rms and peak power handling, these subs are rated at what they can handle free-air running all day long without a break, whereas something else may be rated at peak what it goes up in flames at and rms at what half of that flame rating is. Sundown builds quality subs that can take way more power than they are rated at, but you also have to be smart about what you are doing. If you are questioning whether you want to buy one then do yourself a favor and buy one, fall in love and never turn back. And if by a small chance you don't like it (I haven't heard from anyone that doesn't) then you can turn around and re-sell the sub quick and without much of a loss as these things sell like candy, and they can be re-coned for $40.

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

id been googling and you tubing them for a wyle now, trying to find every thing i can about them, ive got a cart with 3 SA-15 D4s ready to order as soon as my taxes get deposited in to my checking, my budy/brother was braging on his w3 and how the magnent weights like 15 lbs and can take 500-1500 and how he has 4 12s on a T1000 in a 6.5cf enclosure in his 99 eclips grs, and he claims he hits a 143, he got his set up from cartoys and they were telling him thes are some midle class woofers there real beasts ect...

so i just wqanted to tell him a weight on the woofers i was ordering to shut him up about beafyness

but I do plan on geting 3 15s soon plan on puting them on a AQ2200(as long as suplies last for them)

from every thing ive seen and read the should hammer pretty good

Well here's a video that should ease your mind a little about your soon to be purchase

Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

Stock rear speakers

Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log