Second Skin Audio

Identifying a Memphis Mojo/M3 or "M3 Mojo" I have questions

ModestDb

The M1 is not a "Mojo" its just a lower line just like the M3

Okay great to know. Thank you. I thought I may have misinterpreted that information.

So is there a such thing as a Mojo and then an M3 Mojo? Or just either an M3 or a Mojo but no overlap of the names associated with them?

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

I think a lot of people confuse the m3 and mojo and sometimes out them together. i see a lot of people selling m3's and calling them mojos/ just ignorance or trying to rip people off. siccostyle is correct m1 is not a mojo. so if it has a white M in the center then it is either a m1 OR it can also be an ol PR you have to check the back of it. The HPO series was amazing i had 4 of the 15's in my blazer in High school and they were old then lol. they are a rarity if you find one snatch it up. as far as colored M's and Orange baskets its alwats best to look at the back plate it will usually say what it is. large 4 spoke is normally a good sign. if its orange basket with metal M's instead of spokes that signals a M3. the newer versions have it written clearly on the front. the carbon fiber looking cone with the small silver m will have mojo right underneath it. the newer one just plain says mojo. just the older series is a little harder to tell. Also look at the surrounds. Mojos had bigger surounds thats also a big give away.

2002 trail blazer ls

- Sundown Audio SA-8v.2 (6)

- Memphis Audio MClass 1000D (3)

- Memphis MClass 75x4 running Memphis componets

- Kinetik 2400 in rear

- Pioneer AVHP-4400

- box currently tuned to 34HZ but rebuild is in process

- Stinger RoadKill to be put in within the next 3 weeks

NEW BUILD IN PROGRESS:

-(8) SUNDOWN AUDIO SA8V2

- (2 SETS) SUNDOWN 6.5CS

- (1) SUNDOWN 125.4

- (2) SAZ2500

- (1) kINETIK 1400 IN FRONT

- (2) KINETIK 2400

- (2) RUNS OF KNU CONCEPTZ 0 GUAGE

- (2) BOXES STINGER ROADKILL PRO

- PIONEER DEH4400

LEFT TO DO:

- BUILD BOX

- ORDER 350AMP ALT FROM TENNEY ALTS

I think a lot of people confuse the m3 and mojo and sometimes out them together. i see a lot of people selling m3's and calling them mojos/ just ignorance or trying to rip people off. siccostyle is correct m1 is not a mojo. so if it has a white M in the center then it is either a m1 OR it can also be an ol PR you have to check the back of it. The HPO series was amazing i had 4 of the 15's in my blazer in High school and they were old then lol. they are a rarity if you find one snatch it up. as far as colored M's and Orange baskets its alwats best to look at the back plate it will usually say what it is. large 4 spoke is normally a good sign. if its orange basket with metal M's instead of spokes that signals a M3. the newer versions have it written clearly on the front. the carbon fiber looking cone with the small silver m will have mojo right underneath it. the newer one just plain says mojo. just the older series is a little harder to tell. Also look at the surrounds. Mojos had bigger surounds thats also a big give away.

There is also a Mojo series that uses the orange "m" basket but the motors are huge compared to the M3's

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

• 2 weeks later...

So, from this thread I am to understand this is NOT a mojo? The magnet is about twice the size of an M3 (about 4-5 inches depth), but clearly says M3 on the bottom.. I was informed that it was a MOJO m3

mojo2_zps21597277.jpg
vvx87_zps14b3e52b.jpg

CA: tons of references

CACO: lol, 3 references

Ebay: 100% on 95+ transactions

ttt for legit answer..

ok i am goin to try and answer this to the best of my knowledge. originally there was the HPO, i sometimes here it refered to as the original mojo, it looked like the picture above, large 4 spoke frame. then you have the mojo same color design. the first M3 series looks the same on the front but instead of having the 4 spoke frame it has m's on the frame and was not rebuildable(to my knowledge) the mojo is now on its 3rd or 4th generation. the newest generation having an orange oval saying mojo near the surround. the generation before had a silver M near the surround but said mojo in tiny letter underneath where as that generation of m3( actually changed to the c3) just had the silver M. also on the voice coils there wil be a model # on the newer generations(not the colored front). also the m3 was not the weakest line. it would have been the power reference but is now the street reference. as for a silver M in the middle that is the same size as the colored M shown above that would be a M1 it will have a silver frame. I;m sure there iis something I am forgetting or may not be 100% correct on but spending the past 10 years with only memphis in my cars,other family members cars and my friends cars this is what I have learned.

CA: tons of references

CACO: lol, 3 references

Ebay: 100% on 95+ transactions

• 1 month later...

So, from this thread I am to understand this is NOT a mojo? The magnet is about twice the size of an M3 (about 4-5 inches depth), but clearly says M3 on the bottom.. I was informed that it was a MOJO m3

mojo2_zps21597277.jpg

vvx87_zps14b3e52b.jpg

that is a mojo. i am running 2 just like it....

Archived