Personally, i have never owned or fired any so of weapon. But I still don't think it's right to take away someone's hobby or personal property in an attempt to stop criminals from obtaining firearms.

So my stand on the subject is to not add more laws, but to better evaluate whether or not someone is qualified to own a firearm and educate those people on what they are really buying. (Like selling a Supercar to someone that doesn't know how to drive a car. It's just not safe). Also, I think it would be better if the police and government were able to keep better track of circulated firearms. For example, yearly checkup (or something like that so they know what's missing), but I'm still not sure how to go about that.

I'm using these as backup/evidence to support my case:

Gun laws not really affecting crime rate (new York, Britain)

Australia taking up weapons and crime skyrocketing

More extensive background checks

Direct 2nd amendment violation

Taking away military style weapons, even though they aren't the ones usually responsible for crime

Anything else I could use?

Well, this might not be of help for your paper, but your concept of a "yearly checkup" etc. is not a good idea. In order to do so, there would need to be a registry of gun owners, that's no good. As long as what I own is legal, and Im allowed to own it, no one needs access to a list of what I own. It's my personal property, in my house, on my land, protecting whats mine. Any and all ideas pertaining to a registry own what you own, is unconstitutional. Also it allows a window into my private and personal life in one form or another. Big brother need not worry about what us legal gun owners have, as we are legal gun owners. I need not be burdened by subject myself and my information to be on their list, this is an invasion of my privacy. The only true useful purpose for a registry of gun owners, is to keep track of who has what, for when they want to take them away by force.

As opposed to violating my rights and privacy, I agree that the Feds need to look at the other end of the spectrum, the criminal side, and also ( a bit of a pipe dream here) it would be wonderful if some of the clowns in washington could step back and look at their own administrations gun related failures like the gun runner programs such as Fast and Furious. The last people that need knowledge of what I own, or that need to be making laws in regards to what I can and cannot own, are the same people that knowingly supplied criminals in Mexico with thousands of weapons that originated here.Not to mention they forced some dealers into participating into these programs against their will.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

That makes complete sense. But I'm not sure how the problem can be solved because rightful owners aren't the issue. And it seems that any attempt to track weapons hurts the rightful owner more than the criminals because they will do whatever they can to keep an illegal weapon hidden. I don't really see an answer and just accepting the stats doesn't feel right

If we let them track our guns today, they will start tracking our food, habits, tv, bass... You name it.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

If we let them track our guns today, they will start tracking our food, habits, tv, bass... You name it.

they already do bro, they already do

Archived