Sonic Electronix

settled on some deadener, is anything more worth it?

By the time you finish deadening everything your SQ is going to be a lot better and it should be louder in the car. My truck was loud outside at first but I couldn't stand the roof,back cab wall and doors rattling so I deadened all of it. As far as the doors go,just cover the entire door behind your panel and do as much as you can on the outside and inside of the doors interiors. If you know what I mean

By the time you finish deadening everything your SQ is going to be a lot better and it should be louder in the car. My truck was loud outside at first but I couldn't stand the roof,back cab wall and doors rattling so I deadened all of it. As far as the doors go,just cover the entire door behind your panel and do as much as you can on the outside and inside of the doors interiors. If you know what I mean

damnit, they are just now selling that bulk pack like $15 cheaper... oh well w/e.

Yeah I'm prob bout to get some of it to add on my doors and back wall by my window.. Btw my truck actually got louder on the inside (where it counts IMO) after I deadened everything.

I mean before deadening I could feel the higher notes in my throat more.

now I can feel the notes more in my chest.

and the overall output has moved to the lower side.

the box is a bit big for more 2 SA-12s and it's tuned to 36Hz (because I original had 2 hdc3's in there)

but I mean the feeling in my throat was just stronger than the feeling I get in my chest, if that makes sense.

SQ is definitely up, just feel like I got quiter:(

Archived