Second Skin Audio

speaker db

shad14

ok this question may be dumb but it kinda makes sense to me but if a subwoofer has a db sensitivity of lets say 89 but sq is poor i know it would get loud but would it pound harder then a sub wit a db sensitivity of about 86 or 87. But basically what im asking is does loudness always equate to heart stopping basssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss?

sensitivity doesn't tell you how loud a woofer will get. they measure that pressure level at 1000Hz anyway

whats the point of such a high freq?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Not all speakers are rated at 1 kHz. Not sure where that was started. I have several spec sheets for different woofers tested at different frequencies. Unless it is a really crappy speaker, as long as it is tested within it's operating range, it should be a valid measurement. If the subwoofer is in a .707 alignment, it should have fairly smooth output within it's operating frequency range.

The SPL can also be calculated from other t/s parameters.

BUT - while the sensitivity is one of the parameters you can use to compare subs, you really have to look at all of the t/s parameters and the enclosure you will use. What if sub A has a sensitivity of 95 dB, but can't play below 50 Hz? Sub B might be a better choice if it is only 90 dB, but plays down to 30 Hz.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived