Help With Tweeters Plz!

moose

ok, so i know for everyone out there, this is going to be a stupid question and a noob question, but granted im 17 years old, then i understand....but.....

i hooked up a component set in a friends truck(6.5'' Alpine Type-S) and they are hooked up to an Alpine 5-Chnl. Amp.....when i went to test them out, only the right side works....can anyone please help me out?!

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

ok, so i know for everyone out there, this is going to be a stupid question and a noob question, but granted im 17 years old, then i understand....but.....

i hooked up a component set in a friends truck(6.5'' Alpine Type-S) and they are hooked up to an Alpine 5-Chnl. Amp.....when i went to test them out, only the right side works....can anyone please help me out?!

check ALL connections, make sure there in the right way, hooked up to right place (on crossover)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

check ALL connections, make sure there in the right way, hooked up to right place (on crossover)

ok, thanx man, do you think it would matter that both my crossovers are hooked up on channel 2? shud i do one on 2 and one on 3, or is it ok like that?

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

ok, thanx man, do you think it would matter that both my crossovers are hooked up on channel 2? shud i do one on 2 and one on 3, or is it ok like that?

honestly i dont think it would matter, you can try anything, but it sounds like it might just be a loose wire, or bad connection...shouldnt matter whether its on 1/3 or 2/4 or any other way, i would just put (and this is how i have it) my two tweeters on the front 2 channels, and my other front door speakers on my other door channels

so that way all my speakers up front are on one amp, but im runnin a component set..and a set of tweeters in the front

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

honestly i dont think it would matter, you can try anything, but it sounds like it might just be a loose wire, or bad connection...shouldnt matter whether its on 1/3 or 2/4 or any other way, i would just put (and this is how i have it) my two tweeters on the front 2 channels, and my other front door speakers on my other door channels

so that way all my speakers up front are on one amp, but im runnin a component set..and a set of tweeters in the front

yea see right now, my left and right 6.5'' and tweets are on chnl. 2 and my rear 4x6s are on chnl 1, but ill check again and ill let you know what happens, thanks man.

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

yea see right now, my left and right 6.5'' and tweets are on chnl. 2 and my rear 4x6s are on chnl 1, but ill check again and ill let you know what happens, thanks man.

you have both sets of components on 1 channel?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

you have both sets of components on 1 channel?

o man, i had a loose connection and went ahead and changed to using channel 2 and 3 instead of just 2, and it sounds great....thanks for the time and help man!

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

o man, i had a loose connection and went ahead and changed to using channel 2 and 3 instead of just 2, and it sounds great....thanks for the time and help man!

anytime, glad it worked, but remember if it was lose this time it could happen again, when i install things (not that ive done alot, but ive done a few) zip ties are your friend...if there is a chance it could get snagged on something, zip tie it out of the way, you will use more wire possibly, but itll b worth it

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Archived