Second Skin Audio

Large half car box or wall it. Design plan. | ... /

Carbon

you dont have to bring the wall all the way to the b pillar, just bring it to where your comfortable sitting in it, thats what plenty of people do.

and if your gonna do a big box in the whole back just wall it or your wasting your time.

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I'm late to the party! Couple things,

1- I agree the 8th guys are a bunch of douche bags! You CANNOT and I repeat CAN NOTTTTT, do anything on your car that would be deemed creative or outside the box and get the approval of those fuckers! But i agree, as much as you want to think we drive a bunch of Ferrari's and the most common thought, BMW's or Lexus's, we still drive 4 cylinder Honda Civics. Are they quick, yeah they can be, but at the end of the day IT'S A GOD DAMN CIVIC!!!! By the time you're done dumping a shit ton of money into them, to make them faster or race-able, you could've bought a damn BMW or Lexus and be in better luxury and go even faster than the fixed up civic! But that's just my opinion!

I for one, love to think outside the box and at the end of the day, it comes back to the same thing..............................HATERS GONNA HATE!!

2 - If you're willing to loose the seat and all back there, for sure just wall it. And I'd see about a pair of 18's over the 21's. From what I hear the 21's have a tendency to get a little out of control as far as performance. Too big, if that's a possibility. But that's just based off what I remember reading somewhere on here before. My personal preference, would be try a pair of 18's, maybe XL18's, Level 5 or 6's, or BTL's, or whatever, and maybe even do sealed up on the wall. I think it was N8 who just brought up a good point in Mario's build, that some cars just simply don't do ported well but seal very well. Something to consider. But Subs low, port on top if you do ported, or even port driver side, subs passenger side.

Build yourself a little battery rack for the area under the rear deck, so the weight is right over the wheels instead of behind them. Then put your amps on the floor in front of them, building a false floor so you still can retain a little trunk space. Another thing you could do is build it so the rear door areas are left open, so the amps can go in there, one on each side or whatever. Kind of like Jon (skyhighcaraudio) did on his more recent set up with his 12k's.

3 - GET TO WORK I WANNA SEE THIS SHIT!! :popcorn: Sorry it took so long to post up, I've been busy with the house and getting ready to move.

Thanks for the input bro. Ive decided to wall it after looking at what I have to work with. It wont be a B-pillar wall but it should be pretty good. The only issue is I have no idea where to begin building a wall.

B4Isxn.jpg

Do you know how many cubes you need?

I'm thinking, REmove the seat belts, the seat belt buckles,

Next, deadedn the shit out of everything. Rear deck, seat back, bottom, etc. Then get yourself some black vinyl, the peel and stick kind, and cover up that back window. Or, Spray the tint black. Then you're completely blacked out from the back window. Next, start building a back panel on the back part of the seat, using the flat area. If you want to use the rear deck area for extra space, you'll need to figure out the angles, and then maybe build yourself a wedge to go in there. Build your side walls to close it all in making an enclosure with no face.

Next up the glassing! YAY!! You'll have tons of fun with that. Glass over all the stuff that the wood couldn't cover. Humps bumps etc. Then once that's done, glass the rest of the enclosure. For the baffle, you can make yourself a bottom cleat to attach to the seat area, or the front of the seat area, that little part that drops down to the floor. Build your baffle. Then when you get your sub holes cut out, or port depending on the size of it, you get to crawl in and glass it all together! Shouldn't need to do much with the bottom of the seat. It's metal, you shouldn't need to put any material down there other than to deaden it etc. But you can if you want. Just makes it more rigid. Honda metal likes to flex, if you don't know already.

After all that's done, and you like the way it looks, get some bracing in there, and then build some trim panels. Finish it somehow, paint, suede, vinyl, carpet, whatever. Load the subs, install the trunk, and get some vidz done!

At least that's the way I'd do it!

Another thing to do would be, all that shit on the sides, the wires and harnesses etc, is run the back and side panels up to those, and then box them in with wood. But you still should glass the inside of the enclosure. Pretty sure double or triple layering the wood is a good idea.

Sounds good man! Do you have any idea if removing the seatbelts will throw the air bag light or anything?

Another Q is should I foam the shit out of the backseat area due to the wires for the gas tank?

Nope. They're not sensored back there. I took my center one out. You can foam it, but when you do your trim panels on the front baffle, that will seal it up. Should be fine like that. Take it from me, it's ALOT of foam to seal up the back. Soo many nooks and crannies! Too bad you don't live closer, I'd love to help you with this!

Yeah man tell me about it! Im gonna take measurements tomorrow on it and Remove those seat belts. I'm also installing my O2 sensor de fouler tomorrow. Damn emissions lol. I will take some pictures.

Archived