Small damage on battery casing ok?

Long story short, I got a Kinetik HC3800 that UPS somehow damage the battery casing on top. A piece of plastic from the casing broke off so there is a hole in the plastic about the size of a quarter and a few inches away from the negative terminal. (I still cant figure out how this happened lol cos there is no internal damage when I look into it). I tested the battery with a meter and it was right at 12.87 volts...

Will it be ok to maybe use a piece of hard plastic with some epoxy to seal up the hole in the plastic and still use it? (I already patched up the hole btw - just waiting for it to fully dry). This battery is less than a year old and since they are paying for it, I rather see if I can get some use out of it... :)

Yeah I'd say it would be fine It's just a battery not a pressurised vessel lol

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

LOL yeah I was kinda concerned as big as that HC 3800 is, it might go "BOOF" in my trunk aka blow up or something lol. But then I noticed it has little vents near the top of it and the hole can be seen from the vents so I assume its not causing an issue. Its still holding its charge and I tried loading it with a couple of 100W headlight bulbs on my workbench and it barely dropped voltage. Now its sitting at 12.82 without charging at all...

Guess I am good to go with it :). I got the hole sealed up pretty well with epoxy btw...

Archived