LOL, Headunit not working

Ok, so I went and got those y cables, came back, that was the last thing I needed before plugging it in and mounting it in the dash,

Power acoustic 769nb 7 inch in dash

here is where the fun starts, it wont turn on, when I unplug it from the back, and plug it back in, I can see a blue light kick on inside the deck, then the power button lights up for a few seconds, then goes back off, I have double checked all my wiring, there is no loose connections, its getting power, its grounded through the factory harness, and the ground is on a wire that may only be 2 feet long grounded to bare metal,

There is no chance anything came unplugged, loose connection, I used home style wire twists, black electrical taped them, pic below shows, I took my time, and made it as sturdy as possible,

Anything else I should try? The manual says just hit the power button, ive hit it, held it down, and nothing, hit the other button does nothing either

Should I try adding another ground? the single sub out a really dumb, but this is dumber

20130202214304.jpg20130202232019.jpg

XS-power1.jpg

FML

As stated earlier, I was just going to go buy a Pioneer indash or something but the ol ball and chain was not having it today,

Even though its a power acoustic, I was excited to have a new toy to mess with, it probably has some sort of internal issue and I spent all of that time today for nothing

XS-power1.jpg

It could be a ground/power, or harness compatibility. You may need to run a constant power wire from your fuse box or battery. Just run a constant + from your accessory fuse if available.

Do that first and see if it powers on

If it doesn't check your wiring in the back make sure all the wires are connected accordingly, make a new ground for the headunit to any part of frame.

If this doesnt work, check your wiring with a dmm in and out of harness, as it may be the harness capability itself.

You may need a fancy harness

What kind of car?

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A