Sundown Audio

What kind of warranty is offered on subwoofers

I'm sure their website has the info

But this is generally what a subwoofer warranty covers

No burnt coils or leads or physical damage done by the user....

It only covers shipping damage and manufacturing defects

Might be more..

Edited by Nate Futuristic

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

SUBWOOFER / LOUDSPEAKER WARRANTY INFORMATION:

Your new Sundown Audio subwoofer is covered by a 2 year limited warranty if purchased from an authorized Sundown Audio dealer. This warranty does not cover improper installation, accidental damage, misuse, abuse, improper wiring, operation of unit outside of listed specifications, or any product that has been modified or repaired by anyone other than Sundown Audio. This warranty does not cover burnt voice coils or other damage from to much power - re-cones for most products are available for sale in these cases. Warranty on subwoofers and loudspeakers is NOT transferrable.

All warranty returns must be sent freight prepaid to Sundown Audio and be accompanied by the original sales invoice or receipt. For faster warranty service please contact us to request a return authorization code. At the sole discretion of Sundown Audio your subwoofer will be either repaired or replaced.

If no defect is found and the unit must be shipped back the customer is responsible for return freight, if the unit is truly defective the replaced or repaired unit will be shipped back prepaid. In the event of shipping damage due to improper packaging of the return the customer is liable for the cost of all damages, necessary repairs, or replacement. Be sure to properly pack your return!

Sundown Audio also offers a 5 year guarantee to our customers for a discounted replacement unit. We are so certain of the quality of our equipment that even if you are at fault for causing damage to your subwoofer we will offer you a new unit at a reduced cost compared to MSRP. Contact us via e-mail to take advantage of this offer. As is the case with standard warranty claims the return MUST be sent prepaid and with a copy of the original invoice or receipt.

In no event will Sundown Audio be liable for incidental, consequential, or other damages resulting from the use of this product, this includes but is not limited to, damage of hearing, property or person, damage based upon inconvenience or on loss of use of the product, and to the extent permitted by law, damages for personal injury. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state. This warranty applies to products sold and used in the United States of America. In all other countries please contact your distributor.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

An unwound coil is 99% of the time heat related from excessive power ; this indicates coil glue failure (300-500 degrees depending on what woofer you have). If the heating is rapid rather than over time the adhesive will not necessarily discolor.

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Oh, I see -- for any woofer unwinding is almost ALWAYS indicative of over-heating -- the heating could have happened prior to failure, weakened the glue, and it can actually fully unwind or slide off the former later on. The failure isn't always going to be acute.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg