Sundown Audio

Question about Amp RCA'S

Afficionado

If you have a 4 channel amp for your component speakers and it is two sets of RCA inputs, do you need 2 sets of RCA'S, do they both have to be plugged in? Please explain this to me, what effects not having them would have, and really anything about it. To avoid any confusion, what i mean by two sets of RCA'S is this.

OO Front

OO Rear

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Do you have an eq you run your headunit into?

Does your HU have Multiple rcas out? 2sub 2channel 4channel?

What Amp do you have?

Generally yes.

I have a Pioneer AVH-p2400 headunit.

No eq.

1x T1500, will be adding a second soon.

1 P400.4

1 p450.4

Will soon be adding a p200.2.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

two sets allows you to use your EQ on your head unit after you add amps and stop using head unit power for mids/highs. not sure what you mean by daisy chain, but if you mean use RCA y-splitters, then yes.

two sets allows you to use your EQ on your head unit after you add amps and stop using head unit power for mids/highs. not sure what you mean by daisy chain, but if you mean use RCA y-splitters, then yes.

well, some amps have outputs, which i assumed was so that you could hook another RCA from that amp to another amp, rather than having to run another one from the HU.

Both sets are inputs, so how would that work with an EQ?

well, some amps have outputs, which i assumed was so that you could hook another RCA from that amp to another amp, rather than having to run another one from the HU.

Both sets are inputs, so how would that work with an EQ?

some do, yes. I haven't seen many 4 channel amps with input and output, mostly mono block amps. did I saw EQ? I meant fade control

Archived