Second Skin Audio

noob needs help/advice on Enclosure

Daniel1993

i think im going to buy a 4 channel amp first what will be a good choice? im planning on upgrading the door speakers on the future so i would to buy an amp that wont need to be changed again if i remove the 2/3 seat my dimensions would D23 H25 L37 it seems easy to make a sealed enclosure, but a ported one seems like a PITA thanks guys

I personally would tune lower but that's just me I like low... but to answer your question about the box, the old box you have is sealed which means it isn't built for volume it's purely built for sound quality so yes absolutely a well built ported box will be way louder... the box you made in torres looks like it should be good but like I said I would go lower but that's just personal preference... like kranny said that boss amp ain't puttin out shit close to what they claim if you really want the 5500 crescendo bc5500 lives up to it's name from what I've heard... and bravo on the head unit I've heard nothing but good things about pioneer head units and want one one of these days... I won't even bother commenting on the speakers and mids/highs stuff cuz I know very little about that stuff

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

On the amp I would get a 2K RMS for these subs:

On the box here is a suggestion trying port driver's side first:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz
Vb = 5.5 ft^3

External Height = 21.5 in
External Width = 37.5 in
External Depth = 21 in

Port Width = 4 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 37 1/2 x 21

Left & Right Sides = 19 1/2 x 19 1/4

Front & Back = 37 1/2 x 19 1/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Top to Bottom = 14 3/4 x 19 1/2
Extension = 5 1/2 x 19 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

supudb.jpg

simple tip for pioneer headunits, so you can avoid blowing the pico fuse inside of it and having horrible alt whine, take the key out of the ignition whenever you plug or unplug rca cables. it will save you frustration.

that's helpful info for me too lol though I usually completely disconnect my car battery and everything whenever I do work on my audio anyway

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived