Second Skin Audio

noob needs help/advice on Enclosure

Daniel1993

Hello i'm new to this forum and i was hoping on getting some advice on how to make my setup better this is what i currently have

20130203_135027.jpg

20130203_134549.jpg

20130203_133413.jpg

20130203_133315.jpg

20130203_133252.jpg

20130127_093604.jpg

i had to recaulk the box it was leaking air bad so should i try to make my own box the one i currently have came with the subs shown is the enclosure too small im wiiling to take one part of the back seat off is a 2/3 and 1/3 type of seat.

do yall think the amp is giving the subs enough power if not what amp would be a better choice?

should i get an amp for the door speakers if yes what should i get or should i get upgrade to better speakers also?

thanks in advance and please excuse my stupidity if any has been shown :)

first off welcome to the forum :drink40:

second looks like you have a decent daily beater setup except i would lose the prefab box and make my own other than that i cant really say

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

you're seeing like 1500rms at the most, out of that amp. dont expect any more whatsoever.

box appears to be much too small, but pictures cant tell the whole story. i'd be willing to bet that a properly designed and built ported box will do you MUCH better.

those kenwood speakers are decent, in my opinion. but all that 5-way, 4-way, (and some 3-way) stuff is just straight bullshit. makes the speakers sound even worse to me. i'd rather get something of higher quality like RF. or if you want to, go with component speakers instead of coaxial. much better sounding than coaxials since the tweeter and woofer aren't in one package.

aftermarket 4 channels are always better than headunit power. makes the speakers sound nicer and louder. plus the added benefit of crossovers so you can properly separate frequencies. like, 80hz-100hz and under going to the subwoofers, and 80-100hz and up going to the speakers.

you're seeing like 1500rms at the most, out of that amp. dont expect any more whatsoever.

box appears to be much too small, but pictures cant tell the whole story. i'd be willing to bet that a properly designed and built ported box will do you MUCH better.

those kenwood speakers are decent, in my opinion. but all that 5-way, 4-way, (and some 3-way) stuff is just straight bullshit. makes the speakers sound even worse to me. i'd rather get something of higher quality like RF. or if you want to, go with component speakers instead of coaxial. much better sounding than coaxials since the tweeter and woofer aren't in one package.

aftermarket 4 channels are always better than headunit power. makes the speakers sound nicer and louder. plus the added benefit of crossovers so you can properly separate frequencies. like, 80hz-100hz and under going to the subwoofers, and 80-100hz and up going to the speakers.

and thats why i only mentioned the box :D i knew someone like kranny would come along

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

kranny pretty much summed it up, I like your choice in head unit :) I've been thinking about buying the x9500 with dual USB inputs

I would build a better box, except ported. and go with a different brand mono-block amp, as well as buying a mids/highs amp for better sound quality.

what vehicle is it? looks like extended cab pick up?

i went here and put the dimensions of the box in and it said the box was 3.94^3 minus the division the ported size recommended on DB http://www.dbdrive.net/products-detail.php?brand=OKUR&section=Subs&id=K7%2015D4&series=K7&feature=specs website is 2.26^3 if i was to make a box that size would it make a big difference i get paid weekly so i can probably upgrade 1 thing every other week. i would like to make my own box but i wouldn't know how to start im guessing a ported box would sound better/louder?

this is my truck is a total mess 20130120_134756.jpg

Get maximum dims for a box, and post them, of course a better enclosure can help with the loudness of your bass and is really inexpensive to build. And a 4 channel amp for your speakers, then you can upgrade the rest of your equipment. The HU is nice and I don't think you will need to upgrade it.

Personally I think a ported box would be better. And do like Joe said and get all your dimensions and someone should be able to help you out with a box. As for mids and highs what you got now is great for a starter build if that's all you've got. You can slowly build your system and buy separate mids and highs later. As for a 4 channel, that would be a great improvement on sound.

simple tip for pioneer headunits, so you can avoid blowing the pico fuse inside of it and having horrible alt whine, take the key out of the ignition whenever you plug or unplug rca cables. it will save you frustration.

Archived