Sonic Electronix

Need Help With My System

Hello My name is Charles I'm new to the site and have been reading about all of the great systems on this site. I really need some help with my system and was wondering if some one could give me some advice. I'm currently located in Kuwait, but from Charlotte NC. I just brought a 03 yukon and would like to do the big 3 and put with 4-6 yellow top batteries and 200 or 300 amp alternator, 4 15's mt with a clif designs cd4800.1 lx 5200 watts rms. I was hoping you could help me out and let me know if this is a good set up, because I really would like to blow the competition out here away. I want to really show them want really bass is. I need to know how to hook up and set up the music because I will be doing the work myself. Like the box... Do I go with sealed or ported? How much space do I need for all four subs, I want to hit between 150 and 165db can this be done on just one amp or do I need another one? Is hat amp the best one that I can buy or do you think I should use another one? Please help me with my system and if you know of some other people that could give me advice please let them know I could sure use it. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon Charles

Go with a ported box. You'll also need more power than that single amplifier. There are several people on this site with Tahoes/Yukons and large installs. Look around at pics of Meade's Tahoe, Roscoe's Suburban, and Tejcurrent's Tahoe. They're all running lots of power and multiple large subs.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

with them monster subs maybe go with 2 fosgate 3k or 4ks and let them wang off in a ported box like meades box subs up port back, and instead of doing the yellow tops do maybe the hc2400's or powermaster batts, alot of sound deadning matt, craps load of wire... and hours of labor to get it all done, but the 165 db i dont for see that one happening

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

with them monster subs maybe go with 2 fosgate 3k or 4ks and let them wang off in a ported box like meades box subs up port back, and instead of doing the yellow tops do maybe the hc2400's or powermaster batts, alot of sound deadning matt, craps load of wire... and hours of labor to get it all done, but the 165 db i dont for see that one happening

Ok thanks for the info but what do you think it would take to hit 165db? what type of system would you get to hit 165db subs and amps? How much power would I have to run? Thanks for the help...Charles

****disclaimer*****Not trying to be a dick here at all in this response.... I also have a tahoe

Sounds like you are new to the car audio game ( I could be wrong). Do you even know how loud 150db on music really ease. Its fookin loud man. If this is your first system you might want to start smaller...Hell I had friends that wouldnt even sit in my truck when I had an Fi Q 18" powered by a Hifonics Bxi1206 with a dieing alt. They were not audio fanatics by any means and never heard anything like it but still. I think for a majority of people that would be sufice for their bass needs. I myself though need more...One 18" got olllllllld. So I'm upping the power to a kicker KX2500.1 and 4 15s in a ported box. Baby steps man. You gotta start some where. I myself years ago when I first started thought I was going to do some knar bar set-up with multiple big subs and alotta power. Quite frankly I'm glad I didn't. I was happy with my 18" at the time I was like "I don't want anymore than this".. Well the time has come where I do want more now so I'm moving to a bigger set-up. It would not have been enjoyable at the time to have 4 15s with almost 3kwrms I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it. Sorry for the rant I just see a lot of peeps that are new and think that in order to be happy you need to hit 150+ Its just a number man ain't noone gonna think any different of you if you not hittin that high...

With that said (sorry) I'll suggest something that will save you a boat load of cash and keep you happy in the bass department...I think

I would go with a single 18" from DD,DC,Fi, I don't know, there are a lotta companies out there make very capable subs pick a name out of a hat I'm sure you would be happy with either one:) In a box that is anywhere from 6-8cuft tuned to 30-35hz ..

For power I would go with something like a Kicker ZX/KX2500.1 or RF T20001bd...Throw a couple batteries under the hood get yourself a 300amp alt from either Iraggi,powermaster,mean-green,EA... and call it a day. I think you'd be surprised with how loud that set-up would get.

Again this is just my .02 Goodluck on the future set-up!!!

****disclaimer*****Not trying to be a dick here at all in this response.... I also have a tahoe

Sounds like you are new to the car audio game ( I could be wrong). Do you even know how loud 150db on music really ease. Its fookin loud man. If this is your first system you might want to start smaller...Hell I had friends that wouldnt even sit in my truck when I had an Fi Q 18" powered by a Hifonics Bxi1206 with a dieing alt. They were not audio fanatics by any means and never heard anything like it but still. I think for a majority of people that would be sufice for their bass needs. I myself though need more...One 18" got olllllllld. So I'm upping the power to a kicker KX2500.1 and 4 15s in a ported box. Baby steps man. You gotta start some where. I myself years ago when I first started thought I was going to do some knar bar set-up with multiple big subs and alotta power. Quite frankly I'm glad I didn't. I was happy with my 18" at the time I was like "I don't want anymore than this".. Well the time has come where I do want more now so I'm moving to a bigger set-up. It would not have been enjoyable at the time to have 4 15s with almost 3kwrms I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it. Sorry for the rant I just see a lot of peeps that are new and think that in order to be happy you need to hit 150+ Its just a number man ain't noone gonna think any different of you if you not hittin that high...

With that said (sorry) I'll suggest something that will save you a boat load of cash and keep you happy in the bass department...I think

I would go with a single 18" from DD,DC,Fi, I don't know, there are a lotta companies out there make very capable subs pick a name out of a hat I'm sure you would be happy with either one:) In a box that is anywhere from 6-8cuft tuned to 30-35hz ..

For power I would go with something like a Kicker ZX/KX2500.1 or RF T20001bd...Throw a couple batteries under the hood get yourself a 300amp alt from either Iraggi,powermaster,mean-green,EA... and call it a day. I think you'd be surprised with how loud that set-up would get.

Again this is just my .02 Goodluck on the future set-up!!!

Hey man thanks for the advice

Archived