H.O alt recomendations

iirc the sense wire goes to an ignition source that activates when you turn the key to the ON position.

edit: but it depends on the vehicle you have. some are just plug and play, and some require some wiring work. talk to DC about it, they should know.

Oh gotchya. Sounds good. Thanks again for all the help guess

-05 Chevy Colorado-

Kenwood KDC-352U Headunit

Skar VXI-65 front component speakers

Polk DXi650 rear speakers

Alpine MRP-F300 4 chan.

DC 3.5k Mono block

4 Skar VVX 8 D2's

3 cubes @ 28hz

XS d3400

Big 3

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165896-05-chevy-colorado-4-vvx-8s-vxi65s-daily-driver/

Bringin' car audio to this half a horse town in Iowa I call home.

A 220a alt is probably all you need with 1 or 2 decent batteries in the back. 220a charging at 14.4v gives you 3168w.

this isnt necessarily true. It gives you 220 amps to your vehicle. amps doesnt magically translate to watts.

Thought That to get wattage you multiply amps x voltage. If an alt charges at 14.4 and puts out 220a shouldn't it be a continuous 3168w or so at max output? Not arguing just thought that's how it was.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

A 220a alt is probably all you need with 1 or 2 decent batteries in the back. 220a charging at 14.4v gives you 3168w.

this isnt necessarily true. It gives you 220 amps to your vehicle. amps doesnt magically translate to watts.

Thought That to get wattage you multiply amps x voltage. If an alt charges at 14.4 and puts out 220a shouldn't it be a continuous 3168w or so at max output? Not arguing just thought that's how it was.

theoretical math using ohms law doesn't always equate to real life performance. i think thats what nate is getting at.

Yeah I know from school the theoretical vs practical but usually its pretty close I thought. I'm thinking I'm gonna call dc about the 250 amp. Should be enough power for me right now. Lol

-05 Chevy Colorado-

Kenwood KDC-352U Headunit

Skar VXI-65 front component speakers

Polk DXi650 rear speakers

Alpine MRP-F300 4 chan.

DC 3.5k Mono block

4 Skar VVX 8 D2's

3 cubes @ 28hz

XS d3400

Big 3

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165896-05-chevy-colorado-4-vvx-8s-vxi65s-daily-driver/

Bringin' car audio to this half a horse town in Iowa I call home.

I only needed it because I have a Chevy, the factory unit just had a single wire. I went from a stock CS130D that didn't require it to the larger DC built AD244 meant for other models offered by GM other than my truck (but it fits) that does require the 2nd. sense wire.

I'm gonna hate

Archived