Thinking of updating.

Thinking about updating something on my computer but not sure what yet. When I first bought it I upgraded the memory. Currently has G.SKILL Value Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT Does pretty good. Been leaning towards a video card, but I don't game that much to justify paying for a good card. Thinking about upgrading the processor to an AMD A8-3850 which is the biggest I can go according to HP. I may just leave this alone. As far as a budget goes, I'm thinking of 100 to 150 for the update.

I'm going to jump the gun here without asking for the model/specs and assume it doesn't have an SSD (it's an HP desktop, who are we kidding; no way it has an SSD), in which case this is the best thing you could do for your system within your budget: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD

An SSD will make everything faster, from booting to shutdown and every program in between. Programs open as soon as you click on them. Games load in a matter of seconds. A computer is only as fast as it's slowest component and for every application outside of gaming and 3D rendering your big clunky mechanical hard drive is that bottleneck. Moving Windows and your programs onto an SSD will make everything run buttery smooth and you can still keep the big hard drive for music, movies, and all your data you might need a larger storage drive for.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I honestly was not thinking of a SSD, didn't think there was good one for the price range. How easy is it to move everything suche as windows and all that on to a SSD?

Super easy. You would just plug the drive into its own power and data connectors as if it were just another hard drive. Samsung includes a CD with software to clone the contents of your current hard drive over to the SSD. Then you can just boot from the SSD and wipe the big hard drive for use as a data-only drive. Really the hardest part of having an SSD and a regular hard drive together is simply keeping track of what you put on each drive. Music and documents don't benefit much from the extra speed but applications and Windows certainly do. Once you can manage what to put where without filling the SSD to the brim you'll never want to run a system without an SSD again.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

The sata cable is not a problem its the power one that I'm worried about since it comes from the power supply.

I've already ordered the SSD getting one from Samsung that should be here tomorrow

yay found the stuff i needed to make this work with out getting a new power supply

If you want to pull the trigger today this is an amazing deal

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161766-great-ssd-deal/

wtf is lolcats?

Archived