Sundown Audio

I recently bought an E12 dual 2ohm and Im having a local shop build me a ported box pretty much to the exact specs on Sundown's website. Im having trouble choosing an amp to run it though. The shop was trying to sell me a used Soundstream rubicon 700.1. They hooked it up for me and it seemed to work fine so they wanted $100 for it. My question is would this amp be overkill for this sub? If so any suggestions for alternatives are appreciated (no more than $200 though)

How much power you can run to a sub is greatly dependent on your experience. You need to be aware that there are limits - you can't always go full tilt. And you need to know when to turn it down.

Provided you do these things, you should be able to run that amp. But you are new, and there is a learning curve to this stuff. Don't expect the sub to be able to play "all day" and I would prepare yourself for the possibility of blowing the sub.