if bjj is not for you then all grappling will not be for you as it uses simple techniques from every grappling martial art

BJJ is mostly ground defense and offense. I don't really plan on going to the ground if I don't have to. But If I have to I'll try my best to get back standing. If I can use Judo to end it after I put the aggressor to the ground and stop them then my job is done. Judo imo is a form of grappling. It has stand up defense and ground defense. I'll just focus on standing defense.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

ya but the art has to click with him or he will lose interest fast. for me grappling came easier then striking . i never knew that stiking has little to do with punching and kicking and more with positions and angles

That is 100% true. Anyone, in 5 minutes, can do Jet Li's 1 inch punch. Grappling is fun because its like chess. You bait your opponent to where you want them. When you get more experianced with balance and center, it becomes much, much easier.

if bjj is not for you then all grappling will not be for you as it uses simple techniques from every grappling martial art

BJJ is mostly ground defense and offense. I don't really plan on going to the ground if I don't have to. But If I have to I'll try my best to get back standing. If I can use Judo to end it after I put the aggressor to the ground and stop them then my job is done. Judo imo is a form of grappling. It has stand up defense and ground defense. I'll just focus on standing defense.

This is 100% horrible.

Every

Single

Fight

Goes to the ground, unless you plan to kill or seriously injure them. This mentality goes blow to blow, and pray's you're better/faster than the person you're fighting.

I personally get 1 inch away while they're talking shit. Then I V strike them in the fucking throat.

Fight over.

If they notice it, it goes to the ground

Fight over.

I never asked this but how are Hapkido the same and akijutis the same? Ones Korean and ones Japanese. I think...Correct me if I'm wrong.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

The art copied from Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu (大東流合気柔術) or a closely related jujutsu system taught by Choi Yong-Sool (Hangul: 최용술) who returned to Korea after World War II, having lived in Japan for 30 years. This system was later combined with kicking and striking techniques of indigenous and contemporary arts such as taekkyeon and tang soo do. Its history is obscured by the historical animosity between the Korean and Japanese people following the Second World War

Wiki, ftw

ya but the art has to click with him or he will lose interest fast. for me grappling came easier then striking . i never knew that stiking has little to do with punching and kicking and more with positions and angles

That is 100% true. Anyone, in 5 minutes, can do Jet Li's 1 inch punch. Grappling is fun because its like chess. You bait your opponent to where you want them. When you get more experianced with balance and center, it becomes much, much easier.

>

This is 100% horrible.

Every

Single

Fight

Goes to the ground, unless you plan to kill or seriously injure them. This mentality goes blow to blow, and pray's you're better/faster than the person you're fighting.

I personally get 1 inch away while they're talking shit. Then I V strike them in the fucking throat.

Fight over.

Fight over.

I think that would work for 1 aggressor but how about multiple aggressor's? Lets say 2-4. If the fight does go to the ground and you try to submit someone whats stopping the other person from stabbing you in the back or attacking your blind/back side? On a side note I'm guessing that a "V" strike is to fingers jabbed quickly to the throat instantly stopping them in their tracks.

I think judo has some ground offense but I'm not entirely sure.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

The art copied from Daitō-ryū Aiki-jūjutsu (大東流合気柔術) or a closely related jujutsu system taught by Choi Yong-Sool (Hangul: 최용술) who returned to Korea after World War II, having lived in Japan for 30 years. This system was later combined with kicking and striking techniques of indigenous and contemporary arts such as taekkyeon and tang soo do. Its history is obscured by the historical animosity between the Korean and Japanese people following the Second World War

Wiki, ftw

Ah okay, That makes sense to me.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I used to do, well I guess i'd call it just general MMA training.. a lot of BJJ and Muay Thai mainly. But we would do boxing/wrestling as well, kind of just everything. I thought that kept it a lot more fun then doing just one art, and a school-style environment. everyone I trained with did it just for fun. I took 3rd place in a BJJ tournament, and a buddy of mine ( diff weight class ) took 1st in BJJ and 1st in mauy thai.. seemed to be easier to learn when I had more fun doing a mixture of everything, instead of just 1 art. my 2 cents haha

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

I used to do, well I guess i'd call it just general MMA training.. a lot of BJJ and Muay Thai mainly. But we would do boxing/wrestling as well, kind of just everything. I thought that kept it a lot more fun then doing just one art, and a school-style environment. everyone I trained with did it just for fun. I took 3rd place in a BJJ tournament, and a buddy of mine ( diff weight class ) took 1st in BJJ and 1st in mauy thai.. seemed to be easier to learn when I had more fun doing a mixture of everything, instead of just 1 art. my 2 cents haha

Exactly why I want to train in at least 2 martial arts. I think that if I just stick with one martial art I think that I would be bored of it. But if I had another art to train in then perhaps it wont be as boring to me. To me I think it would be easier to learn 2 different ones at different times after I got good enough at the first art.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

>>

This is 100% horrible.

Every

Single

Fight

Fight over.

Fight over.

I think that would work for 1 aggressor but how about multiple aggressor's? Lets say 2-4. If the fight does go to the ground and you try to submit someone whats stopping the other person from stabbing you in the back or attacking your blind/back side? On a side note I'm guessing that a "V" strike is to fingers jabbed quickly to the throat instantly stopping them in their tracks.

I think judo has some ground offense but I'm not entirely sure.

You will be trained to fight 4-6 on 1 within the first 2 years. You're going to have to get over this bullshit submission stuff though if you want to fight those odds.

Well, If Judo, Akijutisu teaches 4-6 Vs 1 then BJJ is only useful for the ground right? I just don't see how BJJ can handle 4-6 people while on the ground without seriously injuring the one you already have on the ground. If it was me and i went to the ground and knew BJJ I'd break either a leg or an arm then on to the next person if that's what you mean. If you mean that then yes I can see where your coming from. I'd rather break something in a real fight rather than just subdue someone. Especially if its multiple on 1.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived