Second Skin Audio

How to secure ports in a walled vehicle?

Jessica

So, i am getting ready to wall off. I have some sketchups of how the bracing should work for the box itself, i can post those if needed. I just don't know exactly how to brace the port without have braces showing in the actual port.

I can brace in the subwoofer section of the box i know, but i am looking for creative ideas on how to do it effectively without eating up too much space. Plus I don't think all thread will work because i wont be able to get to the outside walls.

The wall builds i have sen here go from box to port in box like magic without showing how they do they port.

Should i build the port as one big piece and slide it in?

Thanks.

I have done some thinking and some planning and.

This is what i have come up with so far. I am pretty sure all these pieces will fit through the door with the front seats out. Of course the 2X4 frame will be assembled in the car first. Going to just have single 3/4" mdf for top sides and back since there is so much bracing around it. The front baffle will be 3 layers of 3/4 mdf with a bace in the center of the subs to the back wall.

No fancy round overs or 45's.

The port will be one piece that will slide in to simplify things.

Ignore the kerf in the completed model. I think that is too ambitious for my first wall. I figured a cut sheet including 1/8" for blade thickness. Looks like i will have to get a 3rd sheet of mdf to get all my boards.

wall5pt2_zps1d9e42a6.png

wall40schematics_zps95151aea.png

wall50cutsheet_zps2bba10b5.png

Archived