Second Skin Audio

Sub Question

ok, so i found a box that i might be able to make work...but i wont have a place for the amps, but here is my question, are there any subs under 6" mounting depth that will pound very hard in a sealed box? i dont have the space for a box big enuf for ported or vented (no competeing it sounds like) but idk what to do

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

also the box im looking at is a sealed box that takes up all the space of the back seats, no place to mount the amps, any suggestions there? also whats better down firing, or making them fire up into the seats *the seats are leather, idk if that matters* and i need some hard hitting 10"s that are around 5.75 in mounting depth..no larger

oh and ima need the space for a 800.4 and a t1k for the subs, so they have to b ran by that, and i need to find a place to mount both amps and 2 subs..omg it would b much easier if i could take down the back part of the back seat..:(

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

its not a migrane its a gd bullet in the head, its a 04 f-150 fx4, i love the truck alot, but cmon ford, why not make it easy for me...i REALLY REALLY REALLY!!!! i wanna go with a dc lvl 4, but idk if ill have enuf box for a single 10 or 12 under the seat, i think i can make the amps fit somwhere else...but then again no damn room for a second battery...fuck ford...USE THE SPACE BETTER!!

there isnt a lever on the backside of the rear bench?? look on the passenger side, toward the base.. my dads truck is like this, but there is a small black lever that kinda hides away.. makes the top half of the bench move foward.. :)

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

there isnt a lever on the backside of the rear bench?? look on the passenger side, toward the base.. my dads truck is like this, but there is a small black lever that kinda hides away.. makes the top half of the bench move foward.. :)

i dont think there is, does he have the fx4 extended cab as whell?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

i just went out and looked, didnt see shit, ima check the manual...i hope im just having a dumb moment, cause that would make doing a system so much easier, i dont see why they wouldnt make that part able to come down

and aparently i have the superCab

when did they stop calling it extended cab

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

i just went out and looked, didnt see shit, ima check the manual...i hope im just having a dumb moment, cause that would make doing a system so much easier, i dont see why they wouldnt make that part able to come down

and aparently i have the superCab

when did they stop calling it extended cab

the size of the cab.. the older trucks are all extended cabs.. then they went to crew cabs, quad cab, super cab.. all the 4 door models, that i know of do have this lever.. my dads 98 f250 quad cab has it.. my 01 ford f150 had it.. but the bottom of the bench folded up.. so if the bottom folds up, the back peice is there for good.. it dont move.. but if you cant fold the bottom up or anything then the top folds down.

the size of the cab.. the older trucks are all extended cabs.. then they went to crew cabs, quad cab, super cab.. all the 4 door models, that i know of do have this lever.. my dads 98 f250 quad cab has it.. my 01 ford f150 had it.. but the bottom of the bench folded up.. so if the bottom folds up, the back peice is there for good.. it dont move.. but if you cant fold the bottom up or anything then the top folds down.

the bottom folds up...thats where i was gonna make a box for 2 10"s, so i guess what i wanna do now is, take the single seat that the bottom comes up, put 1 amp on the bottom, and put 1 amp right under the seat (screw it to the seat) so its like 2 amps on top of eachother (if thats ok, ima get a 800.4 and t1k, i think there same size) then on the dual seat part i can make a sealed box (i dont think i have enuf room for a ported) for two 10" or 12" subs, you have any ideas for subs around 5.75 mounting depth? that pound in sealed boxes, plus whats the upside downside (no pun intented) to downfireing subs...and upfiring subs

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

the bottom folds up...thats where i was gonna make a box for 2 10"s, so i guess what i wanna do now is, take the single seat that the bottom comes up, put 1 amp on the bottom, and put 1 amp right under the seat (screw it to the seat) so its like 2 amps on top of eachother (if thats ok, ima get a 800.4 and t1k, i think there same size) then on the dual seat part i can make a sealed box (i dont think i have enuf room for a ported) for two 10" or 12" subs, you have any ideas for subs around 5.75 mounting depth? that pound in sealed boxes, plus whats the upside downside (no pun intented) to downfireing subs...and upfiring subs

yeah.. so then the back rest part doesnt move.. the bottoms fold up..

I never fucked around down fireing subs.. they look cool.. but.. man.. i am a old fashioned guy.. i still feel you better results with subs ina box.. then downfireing.. but.. i have heard some alphine 12's type r's that fucken POUND in a sealed box.. and the box doesnt have to be all that great..