2012 Jeep Wrangler **Finally Gets Audio!**

Friend of mine is unbelievably skilled in all things fabrication and has done some pretty sweet mods to his Jeep, gotta check em out.

2c3346f.jpg?1371553931%5C

af0cb5f.jpg?1371553931

b5fb339.jpg?1371553930

"If you have seen my other thread on my overhead console you'll know I had a Magellan 7" GPS as my navigation. Well I was looking into adding a computer to my jeep for more functionality. That is until I got the idea to replace to GPS with a 7" Galaxy Tab 2 android. You pair that with the wifi hotspot installed in my jeep, This now gives me the ability to have access to all kinds of functionality. Like GPS google satellite navigation for seeing trails ext, GPS TOPO maps, inclinometer, Internet, pandora radio, ext. The tablet send audio Bluetooth to my stereo. Also I ordered a OBDII module for it so I can display all my engine diagnostics and to many gauges to list. It works great! And turns on and off automatically with the jeep."

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

That's a nice lookin Jeep! Any plans for it other than audio?

Bigger wheels and tires (not sure what yet)

led light bar

maybe new bumpers

not quite sure yet

Any recommendations?

What size tire do you want? JK's can fit 35's with a 2" lift, What kind of wheeling do you do? A great all around tire that's not a mud terrain but people call it a mud terrain is the GoodYear Wrangler MTR-K, Then there's Mickey Thompson MTZ, BFGoodwench KM2, Hankook Dynapro MT (rated best mud tire of 2011 of the ones selected) For hard core off roading theres Super Swamper tires, Bogger, TSL, Irok, Interco. But I would not get any of those tires if you plan on DDing your Jeep Horrible treadware and road manners on the road. How much are you willing to spend on a lift for your Jeep? From there is endless as to what people will tell you to get, If you just plan to use it for looks then a 2" BB would be good, Check out this place for bumpers JcrOffRoad. For lights there's better than KChilites and Hella's just to name a few, I like them so I go with them, For bumper lights you would want either a Driving Beam or a Fog beam, for windshield lights you would want either a Pencil Bear (long range) or Driving (longer than headlight beams but square for side road sight). LED's are good also but I don't think they are road legal they might be, I was going to get these headlights for the TJ I was going to get but decided not to its an LED Headlamp its this Truck-Lite LED 7" Lamp It should also work for JK's and I know it works for TJ's.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I don't know the terrain out where you are, so I can't recommend a tire, What kind of driving do you do? Mostly Town/Highway or will it be a weekend warrior? If you do light wheeling but have rocks then I would recommend a 3ply All Terrain Tire for good on road handling and low noise. If you want to make it a weekend warrior and wheel pretty hard or want the aggressive bite but have good on road manners and okay in the snow and wet conditions, then I would recommend the GoodYear Wrangler MTR-K. If it snows where you are and you really want a mud terrain the I will strongly suggest that you get a tire with sipes. But not many mud terrain's come with sipes.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Very nice, I'm sure you will like them very much, Tell me how the Red Letters are, I've seen them but I don't know how they actually preform in the wet, Although I've heard that they are very sticky in the desert terrain, a very good thing.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived