Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Hairtricks on 2 xs v2 15's


masterbusa2

Recommended Posts

Posted

lol maybe you should show him why not to be a die hard PA fan and show him what a real amp looks like ? lol just sayin.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

only if you have enough juice on the other end of those 2 1/0 to cover the voltage you need. ie. either bigger battery/extra batteries/HO alt. if you're talking about tryina run as much power as the equivalant of 3 2400w amps you're going to need a rather significantly upgraded electrical. you can't just strap 7200w to stock electrical and call it a day and then think running more wire will fix the voltage drop you're getting. shoot I was getting voltage drop and serious light flicker on stock electrical from <2kw

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

first of all the likelyhood of getting enough power to do a hair trick on a stock alt and not blowing anything up is I'm sure slim to none... also just personal advice he will probably get more power and it cost less going with XS than kenetic in what research I've done so far kenetic takes like 4 batteries at $700 or so each to handle what a good sized XS can do with one or two $500 batteries... but anyway that's not what you asked...

I haven't really messed much with 4th order or 6th order and don't really know much about what 6th order is even but I would imagine the thing that causes the hair trick is the airflow so whichever would cause the most airflow... I personally would guess that would be ported cuz with a ported you've got the subs creating airflow AND the port creating airflow... where as with the 4th you only get flow out of the port

but I would suggest he should probably upgrade the alt too while he's upgrading stuff

ive easipy done a hairtrick on a stock alt

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Posted

lol oh ok... sounds good then... in that case... I don't want to give you wrong information but i can't imagine it would hurt to run extra wire

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

We're running 80 foot worth lemme explain Wire named:

Kollasul - 1/00

Normal- 1/0

Positive +

Negative - -

K so were Gunna do like so (1 + 1/00

1 - 1/0

1 + 1/0

From front to back, also at front big 3 all 1/00)

(From batt3 to bed grounding for extra grounding 1/00) (from Batt3 to amp

2 + 1/00)

( From batt3 to grounding block at amp rack 1 - 1/00) ( from grounding block to floor ground 1/00 only like a foot or do worth lol) then from grounding block to each amp 2 - 1/00 also only like a foot worth) that covers all wire mostly a buncha short pieces

Posted

lol nice

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

So from what I have understood everything is correct except amps suck but w/e we Gunna stick with amps, thanks for all the help guys tips are still appreciated and build log will be coming soon!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 754 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...