Second Skin Audio

Hairtricks on 2 xs v2 15's

masterbusa2

Oksy so here's the deal Gunna build a box for my friend, he has a 2000 s10 ext cab, he currently has 2 crossfire xs v2 15's, a stock alt, and bout to get a kinetic batt for by amp,planet audio bb 2400.1, 0gauge knu konceptz wire, and a pioneer 3v pre out head unit,and lastly big 3, now my question firstly I need to know the likeliness of a hairtrick on first a normal ported box, second a 4th order and third a 6th order, I also need to know how much more power amp wise do we need in addition to the planet audio amp, assuming I will have to stay at 1ohm cause of the bb amp. Please don't bash me for the other guys equipment just need a few tips

first of all the likelyhood of getting enough power to do a hair trick on a stock alt and not blowing anything up is I'm sure slim to none... also just personal advice he will probably get more power and it cost less going with XS than kenetic in what research I've done so far kenetic takes like 4 batteries at $700 or so each to handle what a good sized XS can do with one or two $500 batteries... but anyway that's not what you asked...

I haven't really messed much with 4th order or 6th order and don't really know much about what 6th order is even but I would imagine the thing that causes the hair trick is the airflow so whichever would cause the most airflow... I personally would guess that would be ported cuz with a ported you've got the subs creating airflow AND the port creating airflow... where as with the 4th you only get flow out of the port

but I would suggest he should probably upgrade the alt too while he's upgrading stuff

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

As far as the box goes take what i said with a grain of salt cuz like i said i don't have experience with 4th or 6th... But noone was answering so i thought i would at least give you something to think about

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

The 4th order is possible, but the odds of him making a successful 6th order in a blowthrough is highly unlikely IMO, unless he did a walkthrough. I looked into a 6th order blowthrough for my 2 18's and I didn't have enough truck bed. I've seen decent hairtricks on 2 15's in a regular blow through ported bow. OP, it's all about the application. Trucks all vary, and it might be easier to do a 4th in his truck, but a ported box is the best way to go, IMO. Hope this helps. :drinks:

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Wall it!!!

for 2 subs? I thought walls usually had like 4+ in them... lol unless you're putting 18s in a civic or somethin :-P

My Build Log

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived