Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

chris, these people wont listen. trust me, i tried to get some knowledge through their skulls. but they'd rather have a cheap amp that doesn't do rated power, and is inefficient as all hell, over something that is built well and does more than rated. how that makes sense is beyond me, but its not my problem if they want to spend more money in the long run on shitty equipment, than to spend a hundred dollars more at first for longer lasting equipment.

budget budget budget budget a lot of people have budgets,

if you dont have money to spend, then you're in the wrong hobby. like i said, you are going to waste more money in the long run buying cheap equipment, than to buy a slightly more expensive product at first that will last longer.

there are plenty of people out there having no issues with hifonics. Are they just lucky? possibly and i guess im one of those lucky ones. Like i said before for a basic system thats not to insanely crazy i have yet to have issues with hifonics and voltage drops, my speakers so awesome with no clipping and im a stisfied customer. There is always a better brand out there always, but if you're just lookin to get the job done and aren't looking to buy something because of a brand name or top of the line performance then i dont see why its an issue. Long as you arent clipping and pushing the right amount of watts role with it. My next big amp i get will probably be another kicker or RF or maybe even ppi but im satisfied with my purchase and im sure the OP will be also. TUNE TUNE TUNE and enjoy

you aren't seeing any voltage drop with your stock electrical because your amp isn't outputting enough power to stress the alt. likely due to impedance rise.

either you folks can listen to me, or not. i'm just here for some honest input.

YOU ARE WRONG, my brz 1700.1d will pull power from my electrical down to 12.4 on full tilt with dual battery set up, metered at 143db

im sorry, what? you are not azzazel. you do not have azzazel's setup. therefore you have no reason to call me wrong for saying something about his stereo that in no way affects you.

i guess i should congratulate you on having a weak electrical system? i dont know...but your response was unnecessary.

your one of the guys that if your amp is not made in Korea its not good. i feel sad for you

your attempts of making fun of me are futile. don't blame me for recommending something that has been proven time and time and time again in the lanes and in the daily world to be reliable and fantastic. ask anybody who is serious about competing, or even has a good amount of experience/knowledge, if they would run maxxsonics or audiopipe. five dollars says they would laugh at you for even asking such a question. old hifonics was good, back like 6 years ago. but now its trash.

not sure how you can call it trash if it still does close to rated by the way we are talking about BRZ not Maxxsonics or the whole hifonics line. I only attest on the BRZ line

chris, these people wont listen. trust me, i tried to get some knowledge through their skulls. but they'd rather have a cheap amp that doesn't do rated power, and is inefficient as all hell, over something that is built well and does more than rated. how that makes sense is beyond me, but its not my problem if they want to spend more money in the long run on shitty equipment, than to spend a hundred dollars more at first for longer lasting equipment.

if you dont have money to spend, then you're in the wrong hobby. like i said, you are going to waste more money in the long run buying cheap equipment, than to buy a slightly more expensive product at first that will last longer.

I think you forgot the name of the thread Hifonics BRZ 1700, i run that amp i think you are the one in the wrong thread

there are plenty of people out there having no issues with hifonics. Are they just lucky? possibly and i guess im one of those lucky ones. Like i said before for a basic system thats not to insanely crazy i have yet to have issues with hifonics and voltage drops, my speakers so awesome with no clipping and im a stisfied customer. There is always a better brand out there always, but if you're just lookin to get the job done and aren't looking to buy something because of a brand name or top of the line performance then i dont see why its an issue. Long as you arent clipping and pushing the right amount of watts role with it. My next big amp i get will probably be another kicker or RF or maybe even ppi but im satisfied with my purchase and im sure the OP will be also. TUNE TUNE TUNE and enjoy

you aren't seeing any voltage drop with your stock electrical because your amp isn't outputting enough power to stress the alt. likely due to impedance rise.

either you folks can listen to me, or not. i'm just here for some honest input.

YOU ARE WRONG, my brz 1700.1d will pull power from my electrical down to 12.4 on full tilt with dual battery set up, metered at 143db

im sorry, what? you are not azzazel. you do not have azzazel's setup. therefore you have no reason to call me wrong for saying something about his stereo that in no way affects you.

i guess i should congratulate you on having a weak electrical system? i dont know...but your response was unnecessary.

your one of the guys that if your amp is not made in Korea its not good. i feel sad for you

your attempts of making fun of me are futile. don't blame me for recommending something that has been proven time and time and time again in the lanes and in the daily world to be reliable and fantastic. ask anybody who is serious about competing, or even has a good amount of experience/knowledge, if they would run maxxsonics or audiopipe. five dollars says they would laugh at you for even asking such a question. old hifonics was good, back like 6 years ago. but now its trash.

not sure how you can call it trash if it still does close to rated by the way we are talking about BRZ not Maxxsonics or the whole hifonics line. I only attest on the BRZ line

close to rated. lol. would you buy a woofer that is rated at 1500, but unwinds its coils at 1200w? i bet your ass you wont. same goes for amplifiers. CEA means nothing anymore. the only half decent product maxxsonics makes nowadays is the brz line. and many people still wont even touch it with a ten foot pole.

I think you forgot the name of the thread Hifonics BRZ 1700, i run that amp i think you are the one in the wrong thread

so you're offended because i'm talking down on a product (and trying to make OP steer away from an inferior product) that you so happen to own? i dont understand....

not offended, just giving my experience on the product and I disagree with this statement " many people still wont even touch it with a ten foot pole" on the BRZ line

you honestly haven't been browsing the forum long enough to see that then. because i've seen many people state that (not verbatim) multiple times.

I repeat myself again out of all the years i have owned their BRZ line of amps i have NEVER had any issues. Say what you want but when a amp lasts 3 years + thats good to me because i wont have the same system in 3 + years so if it lasts that long and doesnt give me any lip then for a budget amp i will always return to the BRZ amps. Thats only if im going budget though. The OP already even stated he purchased the 1700 so stop bashing the brand and trying ti "steer" him away he already has it.

not offended, just giving my experience on the product and I disagree with this statement " many people still wont even touch it with a ten foot pole" on the BRZ line

you honestly haven't been browsing the forum long enough to see that then. because i've seen many people state that (not verbatim) multiple times.

not true, not sure why you keep on assuming everything, you know assumption is the mother of all F*** up, this is not the only forum in the net for car stereo, just an FYI

oh and who said anything about getting a hifonics amp for doing competitions? Did i miss that in the thread? who cares if a high end amp does well in competition. If the OP was asking whats the best cheap amp for competition i would agree probably not hifonics. Alot happened in this thread while i was on my drive to work lol. I always welcome helpful info but once you give your opinion on something that should be that not staying in a thread and bashing over and over and over and over again the brand the OP was asking about. Seems silly to me but i say i have learned a bit from this thread lol. I actually may look into the AQ2200 further down the road if what is being said in here is true and they are promising power houses for the price. Im sure when i do my custom tuned box imma need more power than this brz anyway................Oh and the angled wire inputs are rather a pain in the ass.

Archived