Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

So in a couple of weeks I'm getting a new t1 12 and building a box for it. The only thing I have yet to decide is what amplifier to power it with. Suggestions? I was originally thinking a hifonics brz1700, but I'm thinking I might want to run my system at 2 or even 4 ohms instead of 1 ohm; that being the case should I be looking for more wattage?

You cannot go wrong with the BRZ series from Hifonics. I personally own two 2400.1D and they have never let me down. If the 1700 is not enough you might consider the 2400. At least you would have room to expand in the future.

So in a couple of weeks I'm getting a new t1 12 and building a box for it. The only thing I have yet to decide is what amplifier to power it with. Suggestions? I was originally thinking a hifonics brz1700, but I'm thinking I might want to run my system at 2 or even 4 ohms instead of 1 ohm; that being the case should I be looking for more wattage?

are you wanting to run a 1700 watt amp at 2 or 4 ohms?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

are you wanting to run a 1700 watt amp at 2 or 4 ohms?

I wanted to get the 1700 originally and run it at 1 ohm and be using the full potential of the amp. Now I'm thinking I want my system to run at 2 ohms, mostly for SQ purposes. The decision I need to make is whether I should upgrade the amp in order to get the appropriate wattage at 2 ohms, or stick with the 1700; what would you do

I wouldn't try to talk you out of them, I haven't used them. I was only going to mention it probably isn't worth spending the extra money to run at 2ohms (for SQ reasons) with most amps and installs.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I wouldn't try to talk you out of them, I haven't used them. I was only going to mention it probably isn't worth spending the extra money to run at 2ohms (for SQ reasons) with most amps and installs.

I see what you're saying. I just ordered the BRZ2100; I decided I'm going to get another t1 down the road, I'll need the extra watts

I see what you're saying. I just ordered the BRZ2100; I decided I'm going to get another t1 down the road, I'll need the extra watts

you know you will need at least an extra battery to run that brz2100, but good choice, the brz 1700.1 cannot be strapped, I wish i have gotten the brz2100 which does. I actually ran the brz 1700 with that Rockford t1 at 2ohms and it rocks pretty good, but i changed to Skar totally night and day, I would not waste money on 2nd T1 better getting Skar, PSI or Sundown for the money and better bass

Archived