Second Skin Audio

Re Audio Se Recommended Box

aquill1

Well I'm pondering getting a re audio se 12" sub. The music will be mostly rock and heavy metal and possibly rap/bass music if decided to show off the system. I have a rockford p550.2 to power it so it should be a good matchup (i hope) and I was curious what would be the best for that type of music. Should it be sealed or ported and what size?

2cuft@34Hz for more output

1.2cuft sealed will have a flatter response

but your amp will not work with that sub because it is a dual 4 ohm and that can only be wired to 2 or 8 ohm

and your amp when bridged has a minimum impedence of 4 ohms... so youd have to get either two subs that can handle 275-300w rms or 1 dual 2ohm sub rated at 500-600w rms

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

2cuft@34Hz for more output

1.2cuft sealed will have a flatter response

but your amp will not work with that sub because it is a dual 4 ohm and that can only be wired to 2 or 8 ohm

and your amp when bridged has a minimum impedence of 4 ohms... so youd have to get either two subs that can handle 275-300w rms or 1 dual 2ohm sub rated at 500-600w rms

They make it in dual 2, thats what I was planning on getting...the amp tested at 591 rms at 4 ohms...I was thinking sealed would probably be best for that music won't it? I'd like to get the most out of it though as far as loudness...

According to re's site it's dual 2 and 4 but my salesman says only dual 4....this sucks...I ordered it but I'll only be putting 400 watts to it...this sucks...should be alright shouldn't it? Obviously it isn't going to be as loud as it could be especially after seeing people putting well over 1000 watts rms to some of the se's...this sucks...

Archived