Just got my new DD-1 and CC-1 on Thursday from SonicElectronix in the mail by UPS. And let me say that its probably the best purchase that I have bought in a good long while! Before I was tuning my system from my "Ear-O-Meter" but to me it just did not sound right at all, sounded weak, underpowered when I got it tuned by a professional who also apparently tunes by the ear-O-meter. Now that I bought these fantastic little pieces of equipment I feel that I can tune all my friends system the right way instead of them going to my local car audio stores to pay a ridiculous amount to have them tune it by ear. When I first tuned my system with the DD-1 I admit that I was stupid and did it wrong, I forgot to turn up the gain thinking that I did not have distortion from my Mids & Highs amp when I turned it back up to the volume to set the gains, I just left if thinking I had no distortion (I'm a super noob) and I then continued to the next amp, the subwoofer amp. I got the max unclipped volume from both my amplifiers and set the gain on my subwoofer amp. Now I told you that I thought my system was underpowered now right? And DAMN was it underpowered! Before I could not turn up my volume on my HU past 30 (goes to 62/62) before it started to sound weird so I just never went above 30. But now I can turn up my volume past 50 to 57! QUITE the difference if I do say so myself I am quite pleased! Unfortunately I had to stop tuning my system at my house due to the time it was. So I continued the next day, Did a complete retune of my system and fixed the previous unset gains of my mids & highs amp and redid the gains for the subwoofer amp also. I set them like a pro if I might add! lol. The CC-1 Was easy and perfect to set my crossovers easier then my ear and was super fast also! Although I was again had a stupid moment when I forgot my lowpass on my sub amp did not go below 50hz and I tried to tune to 30hz. (I'm pretty stupid). But I got it set right after a good meal and some cola. Set my lowpass to 80hz quickly and eaisly! Over all I definitively recommend this product to ANYONE who wants to set their crossovers and gain on their amplifiers quickly and accurately. I also want to recommend this product to my local Car audio store but I have a fear of being kicked out for telling the "professionals" how to do it correctly and not to use their ear.

Buy this product!

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived