Sonic Electronix

Oem + after market Issues

replace the factory amp with a better aftermarket amp and get a new head unit you will be chasing that problem for a while and it sounds like a short in the factory wiring thats blowing the amp periodicly

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

• 2 weeks later...

Unsure what you mean by this ,

i did not wire it ,

Basacally the audio shop said it looked wired fine how it was wired ,

And The audio shops around cant tell me what is up or have a clue

Rca's One side is to the crossover , the other amp

Sub Pluggin from oem was taped into (Wires going to the crossover)

Wires of crossover Are Spliced with ..... in with that Sp level imput singnal sensing turn-on plugg

This is how It was all wired up'

DSC06951.jpga

do you have the hi level inputs and the rca input both connected at the amp at the same time?

I've seen enough people complain about rockford's sound system package. I also have a lancer but without the sound package. I'm not even kidding, and this may be hard to hear but... the best solution i've heard? anywhere? (I browse mitsubishi specific forums as well)... GET RID OF THAT SYSTEM. It's a good upgrade from stock, but if you want to change anything? it's a living nightmare.

I'm not kidding. I'm sure you can keep the head unit if you want. But then anything audio related, basically get rid of and replace it with other stuff. The way whoever installs that stuff complicates everything and if you want to change something, it.... well, you're experiencing it. So quite literally... I'm sure it can still be used, still be part of your system but you either have to re-do everything (practically uninstall everything then install it CORRECTLY) or just get rid of everything and replace it all.

But also, I've never seen this problem discussed on here and this community? Definitely knowledgeable. So maybe it's as they've said and just need a line converter. Maybe it's other things. Idk. I never had that system and never will. I just go stock but then replace as i want.

Sheena = pedobear

Everything Seemed fine till you start messing with it! That's Oem For ya

Sub Just sucked and i dint like the punch of it haha ,

Works fine for a while then nothing works ' Supose the OEM amp under the front seat is frying

As for replacing Everything if the cash permited at this time i would!

This was a on a budjet addon for the time being ,

So if i go this route that will be quite the mess to wire a non oem amp , ect

Yeah this is why i posted Here seems quite more knowlegable then anywheres i can think ,

Read allot on Mitsubishi forums ,

So in tecnical Replace all speakers ' after market Amp Vs the stock garbage

New sub , New touch navi or head unit then get it wired professionaly @ 58$ /hour :o

At first i blamed it on faulty or loose wires but the 2nd time not possible other then that

all i can think it wasent wired proper as who wired it is only famaliar with oldschool but wired acorading to what it said or whatever ,

Right now Anything in the car power related that is touched , lights , power windows , even down shifting

Makes the audio cut out , and the big audio stuff is Taken out and everthing lol,

so could be something else that is triggering all of this ,

If it would only be as simple as you tought hah

that's why I say get rid of it man. I realize you don't have the cash. You may have to do it in pieces. Or depending on your location, maybe you can find someone from on here that can help. Won't be warrantied obviously but it'd be cheaper.

that sound package literally is for whoever wants an upgrade from stock and then that's it. Never to get a different head unit, no new subs, no nothing. Just leave it to the sound package. I don't know if it's Rockford giving instructions, if it's the mechanics, or who it is but whoever is giving the instructions to wire those systems? Are quite literally making it a nightmare for anyone who upgrades.

Your best bet... literally... is to save up and suffer through all that. Then when you have enough... get an ENTIRE new system.

Sheena = pedobear

upgraded oem almost always sucks, I have bose in my chevy, more of a pain then its worth. I plan on taking it all out.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

Archived