Sonic Electronix

Oem + after market Issues

Tought id try up on this place as local audio shops arn't sure of what could be my issue ,

So here i have a system OEM

2009 Mitsubishi lancer With The sound package ,

Comes with a upgrade rockfordfosgate system

speakers tweeters and a 10' subwoofer ,

I have a Amp under the front seat that as my understanding runs all speakers in the car ,

The oem amp under my seat keeps blowing up , (First one might of been my fault and loose wires that my sub riped out )

Aftermaker sub was wired up with its own new amp ,

As my understanding it was wired as it should as to specs but whoever wired it is more famaliar with old setup with non oem ,

Now this Oem amp is 1500$ at the local dealer ship and im not about to keep replacing it ived replaced it twice ,

all ived replaced/ or added

was a kicker 15'l5 750rms with a Kenwood-Kac-9105D-1800-Watt-Class-Amplifier/

Stock oem deck with controls

Getting DC errors , speakers cutting out and when the amp is warm nothing works , thats being i removed the other audio gear ,

Was getting my Amp to trip out kick off and on and my fronts cutting out ,

i could power out my deck and turn it back on and the amp worked again , as i tought i might of killed the batterie but seems its fine ,

then the amp or anything refused to turn on , so i took it all out for now but i miss it haha ,

So i tought of running a non oem amp instead of getting a OEM? or wire that up somesort or if this would or could fix my whole issue ?

as how it was wired

Feeding the crossover from the oem sub pluggin in the trunk to the amp , then rcas from crossover to the amp ect ,

at first the rear doors speakers were taped into for the crossovers but the system got no power or strenght at all ,

wondering on ideas or sujestions ,

I did not Replace it from the dealership Hell no

found a replacement in a junk yard

Hard to find as they are usualy drenched in a pool of water ,

just trying to figure the cause for it to burn out ,

ill post pictures of the first one , but that could of been bad or loose wires ,

The problem your having is in the factory wiring and as long as you continue to use it you'll be blowing shit up. If you like the factory H/U and would like to keep then get a line driver to power after market mids/highs amp and sub amp with. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22635_Rockford-Fosgate-RF-BLD.html

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

The problem your having is in the factory wiring and as long as you continue to use it you'll be blowing shit up. If you like the factory H/U and would like to keep then get a line driver to power after market mids/highs amp and sub amp with. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22635_Rockford-Fosgate-RF-BLD.html

woulnt that be the same concept of the crossover i have or this is diffrent?

No, you need a line driver to take the High level outputs(spekers wires from HU) to convert them into an RCA signal to run to aftermarket amps. I run a LC7 by Audio Control, there a little spendy($200+ on amazon) but it can take 6 channels and convert them into clean RCA signals which one channel can be used for a sub amp. There are a few products out there like this and i have had great results with mine. Now i run it because i want more channel than a after market HU can supply for multiply amps in my vehicle. But these guys are right, bypass stock amp, get some form of line driver with new amps. Be a bit of work but worth it in the end. Good Luck.

Archived