Install tips

so i am pretty new to the audio scene but im in love with it. i want to get my hands dirty and do my own install. you guys mind throwing some dos/donts when it comes to installing amplifiers, wiring speakers. things along that line.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

/\ that.... and dont be afraid to ask questions! if you are even slightly unsure of the outcome of something im sure plenty of people would chime in to give you the info you need

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

i look around on that website all the time. im more interested from the experience you guys have. things you learned from breaking stuff. lol

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

^This, safety first for you and your equipment, never try to do anything with the car on and triple check things. Plan out ahead of time how things will work and go together so you don't find a problem when its too late to go back. Save up for quality equipment, you will be happier and save money in the long run. Those are the few things very basic principles that come to mind for car audio.

Now get ready to blow all of your money!

Team NorthWestSPL

Take your time.

If you can't solder then crimp connectors will suffice.

Learn to solder and solder well.

One thing i have learned is even though i had a lot of basic skills like soldering, using a DMM, wood cutting, removing trim panels, ect.. There is still lots of little things a person can learn. Like you can never have too many tools.

Try getting a basic tool set including

Good Wire strippers.

A couple of soldering irons with different wattages.

Propane torch for large wire soldering, or a hydrolic crimper

Wire crimpers.

Small vice

Nice screw driver set

Good corded and cordless drills

Circular saw, jig saw, router.

Sharp knife

Exacto blade

T Square

at least a 4' level

Various clamps.

DMM

Scissors

Those are some basic tools. They are lots of others that will help, like an o-scope or dd-1, cc-1....

Probabaly 25% of my build cost was just buying decent tools to do the job right. In my 20's i would just cut everything with a jigsaw and fill in the mistakes with silicone.

cool. apprecite the info guys. im really interestd in the electrical portion of the install. idk ive just always had a interest in electrical type stuff. im dying to get some beat in my car.

Archived