Dylan_Grant Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 it 9, 6 divided by 2 is still 6 divided by 2, parentheses dont change that. its 6/2 * (1+2) you can even think of it like (6/2)(1+3) -parentheses first (6/2)*(1+3) (3) * (3) so 3*3=9 the way some guys are seeing this is 6/ (2*(1+2)) 6/ (2*(3)) 6/(6) so 6/6=1 How do you know the 6 is not over everything not just the 2? because of order of operations. if 6 was over everything the brackets would be around (2*(1+3)) but its 6 over 2 times 1 plus 3
Noel989 Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 What I'm trying to is this This "/" means divide or fraction The way it's written how do you know wants under I just wish "/" that would be eliminated from math for fraction/dividing Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Dylan_Grant Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 What I'm trying to is this This "/" means divide or fraction The way it's written how do you know wants under touche!
Noel989 Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 What I'm trying to is this This "/" means divide or fraction The way it's written how do you know wants under touche! What's touche? Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
CJ18 Posted February 23, 2013 Author Report Posted February 23, 2013 IF the 6 were over everything, it would read 6/(2(1+2))
Dylan_Grant Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 touche: an expression borrowed from French used 1)to admit that an opponent in an argument has made a good point
Dylan_Grant Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 IF the 6 were over everything, it would read 6/(2(1+2)) thats what i thought
Noel989 Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 Looked it up And I'm not trying to prove anything I'm trying to understand lol I always have that problem so I rewrite everything I just brought this up cause I had a teacher at college say if anybody uses / for dividing or fraction I'll mark it wrong Same with the square root and the dividing houses put a symbol parenthesis or symbol for writing anything after the house Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Noel989 Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 IF the 6 were over everything, it would read 6/(2(1+2)) Fail Not you cj me Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Dylan_Grant Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 IF the 6 were over everything, it would read 6/(2(1+2)) Or (6/2)(1+2) no incorrect, (6/2)(1+3) is the same as 6/2*(1=3) 6/(2(1+3) is the same as 6 over everything
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.