Nearly every RADAR unit on the market today has a "hold" feature which allows the officer to prevent the RADAR beam from leaving the unit until he/she wants to check the speed of a vehicle. It is very common for the beam to be released, a speed obtained, the speed locked in, and the beam held again all within a matter of a second or two. That is much faster than you can react to your radar detector, brake, and get your car slowed down enough to avoid being stopped. In fact, the majority of detectors cannot even be activated in that short time. So, if the officer is using the unit to its full potential, you'll get nailed every time.

This was taken off a web site i just found ;)

100% totally agreed..

Dont waste your money on a radar detector. All they are are just that, RADAR DETECTOR.

Even the ones that claim that they will pay your speeding ticket. Ok, great they will pay your FINE, but will THEY give you the LOST POINTS back on your liecense???

99.9% of the time is if your radar detector picks up and beeps at you alerting you of a cop, the cop already has you clocked. The radar/laser guns also have a longer distance then the radar detectors which means that the cop will already have you clocked before your dummy detector lets you know.

Now on the otherhand, I dont know if any of these so called "detectors" are Jammers, but a radar/laser jammer would be the best Idea, but you will pay a shit load for this, and also they are illegal in many states, so if you do get pulled over you may get a fine for that ontop of your speeding ticket.

So what are Radar detectors good for you ask??

Only 1 thing that I found. They are perfect in those cases when cops like to sit and be all hiding and clock people. So say if you are driving through your city, banging your beats, and up the road there is a cop clocking, but you dont see him and have no idea he is there. The radar detector will warn you TO TURN YOUR STEREO DOWN, before the cop hears it which will save you a ticket.

Me, I got a $25 walmart cobra, and I use it for my stereo to alert me of camping cops, so I dont get a noise violation ticket :)

I have a top of the line cobra (dont know the model # ;)) compass, voltage gauge blah blah blah. and it has saved me a few times i found it works best on the interstate which is a handy place to have it. It would go off a full minute or so before i saw the state trooper.

Cobra haha

I was on a radar detector forum and everyone suggested not to get a Cobra.

Me, I got a $25 walmart cobra, and I use it for my stereo to alert me of camping cops, so I dont get a noise violation ticket smile.gif

However, that is the best idea I've heard :)

It probably won't work for Steve Meade though :blink:

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

the only few times my radar detecter has saved me was when i speeding aproaching a bend in the road and it went off and after i finished going through the bend there was a cop on the other side ...therefor allowing me to slow down by the time i was visible to cop. basicly they can help you whenever you out of the line of sight of a cop.

12" fi Bl loaded

RF power 1000

RF 25 farad cap

3SIXTY.2 processing

200A Alt

01' grand prix GT

I have noticed that speeding in Oregon doesn't really save me that much time.

For example, there had been many times where I would drive 80 MPH in a 55 MPH zone (Oregon speed limit) for about a mile and than ahead of me would be traffic and I'd have to slow down. I would also a lot of slow cars I've passed going 80 end up passing me one way or another in the weird traffic (sometime left lane faster sometime right lane faster). Freaken Oregon. 2-3 lanes on a free way sucks.

Anyhow, I drive 7 hours a week to get to school and such and 80% of the time, I don't save any time to get from point A to point B.

The only times where I've saved about 10 minutes was when there were very little traffic (very rare).

MOST of the time when I do speed at 80 MPH or 75 MPH, I always end u breaking because there are always going to be a car ahead of me that is slow.

So yeah, speeding is a waste of energy; you have to be aware of your surroundings at 100%.

I rather just drive 5 MPH over the speed limit (60 MPH) and just follow the flow of traffic (when there is no traffic jam).

Drive with the flow of traffic and save gas :)

This is just a tip for Oregon people =P

I know in San Jose California people drive 25 MPH over the speed limit. You gotta love those 5-7 lanes freeways.

I think your chances of getting a ticket while speeding in cali is lower because the flow of traffic is always 25MPH over speed limit

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

All in all it's like i said all a radar detector will tell you is that your going to get fined if you where speeding.

It's a bad investment However.

Some radar jammer's DO work. But usually they don't

You can make a homemade radar jammer pretty cheaply. Mount it in your front grill.

Don't invest in one honestly. It (MIGHT) save you from a speeding ticket.

But it's not gonna save you from wrecking becuase you where going to fast and didn't have time to react to that car pulling out infront of you or cutting you off.

And it wouln't pay for your funeral so just don't speed anything 5 over the speedlimit your going to fast.

Team Xtreme - Mike

k99tgh22wv4-1.jpg

Nismofreak18 (6:53:43 PM): viper alarm

Nismofreak18 (6:53:45 PM): woooowoooowoo

Nismofreak18 (6:53:47 PM): I come out

Nismofreak18 (6:53:52 PM): and kick your ass lol

ipur3fknpawahi (6:54:01 PM): Dude ill steal your fucking alarm to

I have the Beltronics R65. I love it despite other peolpe on radar detectors they do work. You just have to learn what frequencies mean what. But their is no way to beat the Laser. Unless you you use a laser jammer. The only time I ever got a ticket was when I sent it out to get serviced.