Second Skin Audio

Is It too much?

ElCompaTiny

I strongly suggest you do NOT do a blowthrough or a wall for that matter. Listen to Kranny. Have you thought about how expensive the proper electrical is going to be running 1 of those subs let alone 2 of them? Not trying to be a jerk I just think you should really think this through. Its never as easy as picking a sub and a box and putting in the backseat. Especially not your first build.

What the hell is going on in here. Bless your little heart Kranny for trying to help, but I think this thread is on a weird path.

OP, what vehicle, what budget, what kind of build skills do you have, why are you wanting to run 18s?

Please be clear with more than just one sentence answers, because it is impossible to help you without you FIRST giving us some good information.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So OP, please start over. Type some coherent sentences, give us good info to begin with. I don't think you're ready for this type of build, based on the questions Im seeing you ask. Simple things like knowing the difference between the "bed of a truck" and the "trunk of a car" are major details that YOU need to know the difference between.

I am ALWAYS down to help a new guy, but you have to help us first with the information, goals and budget you have in mind.

from

If you trow them
In the truck with out cutting it

Then yes all your going to here is the vibrations not the sound

but isn't it the same thing when you throw the in the trunk of a car?

the trunk of a sedan can flow air into the cabin.

a trucks cabin and bed are separate. unless you're going to cut a good 12-16 square feet of sheet metal out of your truck with a sawzall (aka blowthrough), then woofers in the bed are pointless.

see well blow through reduces resale value does it not and is there enough room for a 18 in woofer if you do a blowthrough

why cant you just put woofers in the cabin like you're supposed to?

edit: like, behind the front two seats.

its either a blow through kranny or not.. i really dont care anymore i just wanna have a loud system also i want to be able to carry people around too u know and being able to recline my seat as well

if you care what truck will i be putting them in its a 88-94 chevy silverado between those year model truck i will be getting

What the hell is going on in here. Bless your little heart Kranny for trying to help, but I think this thread is on a weird path.

OP, what vehicle, what budget, what kind of build skills do you have, why are you wanting to run 18s?

Please be clear with more than just one sentence answers, because it is impossible to help you without you FIRST giving us some good information.

On budget wise i will do anything it takes to get a loud system maybe not Steve meade loud but something nice

On budget wise i will do anything it takes to get a loud system maybe not Steve meade loud but something nice
It didn't take much to get "loud" in that truck. There are quite a few guys on this site that have builds in that same truck. Loud is really mkind of subjective though. One guy will think 145 is loud, others aren't happy unless it's mid 55s. A couple of 15s forward firing with port up can get pretty damn loud and still stay under window line. It's really ALL in the enclosure to be honest. Some good power, good 1000-1500 watt subwoofers and good box design, and loud can be achieved.

Archived