Sundown Audio

power acoustik bamf 5500 monoblock amplifier

Cannon Corbitt White

my amp before this was a alpine v12 digital evrything 1000 monoblock and then it burnt up so i gotta kenwood 1800 monoblock and neither even compare to this amp but i will say the alpine was the best for the wattage it said its very true i believe

punctuation. that isn't one sentence.

it may have burnt up because your electrical was inadequate. old alpine amps are fairly good, and they still are as far as i've seen. you're lucky to see 900 watts out of that kenwood. that is, if it doesn't overheat.

And for $240 yea. You could have done a lot better. That's alot of $$$ for that thing. I was thing like 150 max. Oh well. A sundown 1500 would eat that alive.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

its fusing is good for like 1700w (180 amps). at 14.4v exact.

all the "5500" watt amps are the exact same, by the way.

?

what are you confused on. i wrote two different things.

puntuation..who cares im jus gettin some simple info i was wondering didnt know this was a literature class dude cmon lol but whaat would be a quality product that produces more power than this amp? please inform me if u know bc im seriousely considering getting better quality amp in the future anyways

2sundownsa12bamf5500monster

And OP, you get better help when you speak(and type) in coherent sentences. So you're right, this isn't literature(I think you meant grammar) class, but it helps us understand you better when the sentences aren't just crazy run ons :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Well I.found several. Most are used in that price range. If you want new you'd have to come up some but its.be worth it.

Anyway

I found audioque 1200s , a 2200 for 280shipped

Sundown 1500s should be around 300

Skar audio 1500s

Hifonics Brutus line and up though not as good as the above.

I always forget a lot of amps. But that's because theres a lot of them better than the bamf

If you want new and can't afford 350ish then I'd look into hifonics. Their at.least decentandand I never had any issues with em ever.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

puntuation..who cares im jus gettin some simple info i was wondering didnt know this was a literature class dude cmon lol but whaat would be a quality product that produces more power than this amp? please inform me if u know bc im seriousely considering getting better quality amp in the future anyways

it just helps get your point across better if people can understand clearly what it is you are trying to convey. thats why i bring it up.

audioque/soundqubed. crescendo. "cheapest" amps i'd personally buy new. if you can find them used, even better.

not to mention that with cheap amplifiers, you risk (a lot of the time) having them be very inefficient. which will drop your voltage down lower in order for the amp to make X power.

example, using 14.4v: a 1000w amp may have to draw 150 amps from your electrical to make its 1000w. thats 46%.

now lets say a 1000w amp draws 80 amps to make its 1000w. thats 86% efficiency. the bonus with this amp is that your voltage will sit much higher while playing full tilt because the amp doesn't have to draw as much current.

Archived