No Ohm Load From Tweets When Hooked To Network?

mrwigglezdj

well i have the 4 tweets with a cross over network and i was wondering, they do not have a ohm load when connected to the xover? is that rite? the ohm load is so minute it doesnt change anything at all?

and another question is , can i run 2 tweets off the same xover? i have one xover that fried and so ones not being powerd.

and with them not registering on the meeter does that mean i can possibly run more on the same config without haveing to change the way stuff is wired up?

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

noone knows why my tweets dont read on the dim with measureing before the xover? and mind you the other 3 are playing and loudly...

im mainly wondering about it because if i can wire more up without a problem then im going to get a shit load and run all my tweets off the concept 100.4 i cant sell to save my life and get 4 new 6.5s to add to the load on the kicker so i can be at a 4 ohm load per ch vs the 6 ohm load im at now

id be happy then lol 16 6.5s and ungodly amount of tweets.....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

im shocked noone has any info on tweets ect lol. i havent a clue what i can do as far as the super low ohm load goes from the tweets at the xover

If you change the load on the crossover you crossover points will change

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

im still confused? like with what im doing in the van, i will be running a final 4ohm per ch on he kicker 850.4 and 1 tweet per ch, but that one tweet will not drop the load to the proper 4 ohm it is a 6ohm load, because the tweet wont show a load on the meeter, its like .06 or something ohms, so i dont know what im supposed to do to get the ohm load down where i needs to be and not damage the stuff...

hell i dont know if im even makeing scense

no, what im doing is ,

i wired 3 single 4 ohm mids, and a tweeter with a cross over network that has the tweeter wires (hp) and wires for a mid (lp) and the tweet is connected to the hp wires , and the network has a pos and neg input wire , and at the input wires there is no ohm load to speak of (.06 ohm).. so with the first 3 6.5s i have a 6ohm load becase of the 2 wired to 2 ohm and then the other 6.5 wired to the tweet and i only get down to a 4 ohm so im siting at 6 ohms instead of siting at 4 ohms, and cant figure out whats really going on, but keep in mind even with the tweet only reading out at that low ohm it is playing and loudly ....

im trying to figure out what i have to do to drop the ohm load so i can get the proper power out of my amp for all the mids i have running in there

being that u r using the crossover network, which is essentially a bassblocker/capacitor, they wont show any ohms. ive tried to find out why a long time ago and noone at stinger gave me a answer! it is what it is! basically whatever tweets u hookup will just split power but wont effect ohm load. to get your ohm load down u will have to add anther mid....or a tweet without a crossover/bassblocker....but then its toast anyways!

:lol: yaaaa another reason to buy more mids lol and since i have the cash rite now lol.

it sure wont hurt my feelings, i just wasnt sure if i would damage anything by doing so.

so come monday that will take my mid count to 14 - 6.5s and 4 tweets :o:PB)

Archived