Badass 8 picture. Plan for new build. Hammer's budget fun.

Finishing my Enclosure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How I should finish my enclosure, allowing multiple choice, please pick two max please.

• Fur
    • Bedliner, Trunk coating Black
    • Vinyl (black/gray)
    • Carpet
    • Splatter paint
    • Wood Veneer, wood vinyl (Pita due to box size/dims)

temporary_zpsb0d092f1.jpg

Before the deadener on the rear door. I took out all mounting out for the rear speakers, and ditched them. i wont have any speakers int he rear anymore.

temporary_zpsc33810c9.jpg

Covered all holes that are not functional, covered the big opening etc. Also put a nice amount of deadener on the outer(inner) skin of the door behind what you can see. It sounds like my parents newer chevy now when I close the doors. No more hollow rattle. Its noticeable on the freeway, and midbass is night and day on my front components. Deadener FTW.

temporary_zps8845c995.jpg

temporary_zpsc6687686.jpg

Ignore the mess in the front floor area, NO it is not like that all the time lol. I like my sunflower seeds and I had all the shit I was stripping piled up there. I AM NOT A CAR HOARDER.

Deadener on the front door took more then the rear, I figured it would, the doors alot larger. I knwo there is a big gap/hole I did not cover yet. Right now some wiring for the current components and other stuff goes through there and until I get my new speakers in I'm not sealing it.

Thats all I have for right now. I'm itching to get this done, mostly because I'm tired of having stuff stacked up waiting to go in, and sock of not having bass. Should only be a week or two till completion.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I have been doing measurements when i can but i dont have torres box builder so its hard for me to get serious work done. Iv been meaning to get it downloaded to my girls laptop but hard to find time. But soon as i get some measurements ill be sure to hit you up on the sketchup my art skills blow and its hard to picture things for me by looking at a paper full of numbers

They come is a 5.3.

Have for some time. Same engine as 1500's. It would be a blast.

I have the I4. its slow but gets the job done and I get 20+ mpg almost all the time. I can get close to 450+ miles on a tank if I drive conservatively and I can go even farther if I do about 55 on the freeway cruise control.

I don't have really any updates for the build. I just haven't had the time to buckle down and knock out the enclosure/wiring in the rear. Once I get the enclosure the done then I have to finish the kicks and figure out a mount for some tweeters.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

So worked on my truck some more today. Got the 4 channel in(still have to run rca's) and started running speaker wire through the doors.

Also ordered some Sundown NeoPro 6.5's...One for each fornt door. Im trying to find some tweets and need 4ohm, can't do really large super tweets but could swing soem the same size as the cheaper seleniums. I just need 4ohm and those are only 8ohm.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Here are some pics of today.

temporary_zpsa057730a.jpg

temporary_zpsb4478f94.jpg

temporary_zps13381b0b.jpg

Inside of doors, got speaker wire run on drivers side. used split loom to protect the wire and zip tied it at the ends. its a tight fit through the holes.

temporary_zps6b8beb69.jpg

In between cab and door, I checked motion on the door and since the holes are on the same arc as the hinge there is almost zero movement, just slight bend ot the wire when I close/open the door.

temporary_zps348c409a.jpg

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I know how to make a mess fast lol. I hate cleaning up after only getting an hour or two's worth of work done. haha.

temporary_zpscbf2371d.jpg

Added the two runs of 4ga for the 4channel.

temporary_zps893e881e.jpg

I need to do some under hood cleaning again.

temporary_zps509178ff.jpg

Used resin to coat the wood platform for my enclosure. to seal the wood, keep it from warping.

Anyways used the UV cure resin I already had and decided to set the cup out to see it setup, only took about 5-10min to get solid lol.

temporary_zps43d650ef.jpg

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Here are quick pics of the neopro's. Im finishing the wiring of my 4 channel and installing these tomorrow if I don't need MDF spacers. Then gonna tune it all with my DD-1 and CC-1 to be ready for the tweets and subs. Excited as hell to get this done in the next week or so.

Dat ass,,,for a 6.5 neo lol.

temporary_zpsf4d76710.jpg

temporary_zps61a0c2c8.jpg

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived