The im-sg1 is kinda what you are describing. Cc1 is just to set x-over points accurately. And gain matching amps

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No they aren't usually better for the lows. I'd go out to say that a proper designed lower tuned enclosure is better for lows.

Well to play it safe I'd set your ssf to 30 and lpf to 70

ok good to know and will do. I just thought that cuz I thought I remembered someone saying that how a 4th order worked was that the sealed portion took care of getting the good lows so therefore you tune the ported section like 50/60+ for the highs... idk

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

The im-sg1 is kinda what you are describing. Cc1 is just to set x-over points accurately. And gain matching amps

oooh ok. lol learn somethin new every day :P

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Yes that's correct. But that's for a 4th order band pass. That's putting the sub in a different enclosure all together. That's apples to oranges.

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

oooh ok. lol learn somethin new every day :P
You sure do ;)

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Yes that's correct. But that's for a 4th order band pass. That's putting the sub in a different enclosure all together. That's apples to oranges.

oh ok I just figured that if the sealed part of that was for the lows then the sealed box would be too lol it's all good I'm not keeping this one too much longer they're just to tide me over then when I have the money to I'm pulling them out when I upgrade and giving them to a friend that has a big ass E350 since it's got room for a nice big ported box to stick them in and building him a box for them

My Build Log

Yeah band pass is different cuz it utilizes both to get the performance of the woofer.

Can't just get a sealed only for the lows

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Yeah band pass is different cuz it utilizes both to get the performance of the woofer.

Can't just get a sealed only for the lows

gotcha. I've never heard these subs in a good ported box before I'm looking forward to hearing what they sound like in a good ported box in a big ass cargo van with all the seats pulled out lol

and he practically gave me full reign of like 1/3 of the back of the van to use for the box lol

Edited by bassfreake

My Build Log

not right now I don't I've designed ported boxes before I might post about it at some point when it's closer to time and get some opinions or I might look into trying my hand at a 4th or a t-line since I got all that space and see how I can do and if I do one of those I will need design help cuz I know very little about them

My Build Log