How do you hear your doors at 150+ db?

Swordlordboy1234

if you have it tuned good and with the right power you can do just fine running half the tweeters as your running mids....2/4 instead of 4/4 or 4/8 instead of 8/8...no point in running so many tweets and then needing to turn them way down so they aren't so harsh or overwhelm the mids...just my opinion

and how would you run a setup like that through a crossover? run a 2 way with 2 mids on one and a tweeter on the other? or a 3 way with mid-mid-tweeter? or run them all with separate crossovers?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Most people would run active for this^ but i guess you could design a passive network if you wanted...would kind of defeat the purpose of using pro audio for efficiency.

Yes, mids on one channel playing the same frequencies and then tweet on another playing its own frequencies

Team NorthWestSPL

Idk what the difference is between active and passive crossover yet lol but I'm reading up on it i was directed to a good website that basically walks through car audio starting at voltage and going all the way up to, well idk what it stops at but so far it has been very informative

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Im having the same problem but i only have 1 PWX in each door and looking for some tweets to make it sound good. Unfortunately I Don't know how to glass so i can't get Supertweets. i will be running the 4 PWX and like 4 tweets on a AQ 4x90 ( If Possible ).

Idk what the difference is between active and passive crossover yet lol but I'm reading up on it i was directed to a good website that basically walks through car audio starting at voltage and going all the way up to, well idk what it stops at but so far it has been very informative

I could be wrong here as this being an exact definition but it is my understanding...

Active Crossover: the filters are applied to the signal before it is power boosted by the amplifier. Examples: headunit crossovers, outboard processors like the 360.3, or crossover settings on amplifiers. Whether the filters are done with DSP or electrical components it is still active if the filtering occurs before amplification.

For this reason, they are more efficient (doesnt really eat up any power) and can be more easily adjusted

Passive Crossover: filters are applied after power amplification, in line between the amplifier and the speaker(s) themselves. Generally done with a configuration of electrical components (resistors, capacitors, inductors). These eat up a fair amount of power and are not easily adjustable, in general you have to completely redesign and or add/remove/replace specific components when you want to change the crossover frequency or slopes

Im having the same problem but i only have 1 PWX in each door and looking for some tweets to make it sound good. Unfortunately I Don't know how to glass so i can't get Supertweets. i will be running the 4 PWX and like 4 tweets on a AQ 4x90 ( If Possible ).

Look for a tweeter with similar efficiency as your mids, most tweeters are naturally more efficient than mids so it shouldn't be a problem running those PWX with a non "super" tweeter

Team NorthWestSPL

Oh ok cool that sounds easier anyway then.

My Build Log

If i wanted to put a 6.5 and a 5.25 on the same channel could i do it? Either with or without a passive crossover on it? Or would i be better off just building a mount and putting another 5.25 where my stock 6.5 was so it's all uniform and I'm not mixing speakers

Edit - only reason I'm doing the 5.25s is cuz where i wanna put them is only 6" so i can't fit 6.5s

My Build Log

ok. I'm sure I'll have plenty of MDF left over from box builds I can do that

My Build Log

Archived