How do you hear your doors at 150+ db?

Swordlordboy1234

Just looking for ideas. Seen lots of stuff at SBN. I'm curious how you guys solve the issue of hearing your music over 150db of bass with out it sounding like ass?

I assume most single sets of components are not ment be herd over a certain level of bass. The focus here is with out sounding like ass. Lots of those crazy pro audio set ups at SBN had such harshness that you couldn't listen to it, besides the pure audio owners truck with all Mmats gear, and then this green prelude next to him out front. Other then that I'm scared to buy pro audio in fear I will sound like crap.

What did you guys do to solve this?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I haven't hit 150 yet... But I'd guess, Some badass door panel setups like 4 in each door and Maybe 3 tweets, badass mids n highs amp and etc...

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

I don't do 150....but if you don't like pro audio mids and the way they sound..you could solve the output problem by running multiple mids that you do like the sound from...

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I haven't solved it yet but currently my plan is to run 2 comp sets (mid and tweeter) in each front door and a set or two in each back door all of it running on 800w. idk if that will be enough to be heard over the 7kw going in my trunk lol but that's the plan at least. if that doesn't work I might have to start getting creative and putting speakers in my center console like I saw one guy do on youtube or put speakers between my back seats which I might do anyway or put speakers back in the section behind the seats where currently is a stock pair of 6x9s, throw a few midrange 8s and 6.5s back there maybe

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I think I am at a 150ish (unconfirmed on TL) and I only have 4 speakers in my frontstage. They key is cone area, speaker efficiency, and power distribution in watts or a combination of the three. I have a 10" in the door on 240 watts that plays from 60hz to 800 hz and the horns under my dash are on 30 watts and play from 800hz-20k. You can get some stellar results from pro audio gear like reelfish mentioned you just need to tune them.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I think the general consensus is if you want to combat an abundance of bass... best way to do it is with an abundance of everything else too :P

:morepower1::morepower1::morepower1:

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

No just something with very good tuning capabilities or a processor

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived